Rematch?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dbreiden83080, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

I want to see it again. I feel like what gets lost is that was a great fucking fight.

People just argue about the decision. Lets see it again..

2. 6 Pack Lapadat Orange Belt

How can Jones move on? Polls show the vast majority think he lost. His throne is disputed. He is collecting claimants to the throne with each title defense now due to these controversial decisions. He needs to double back and straighten his title out

3. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

Just gonna say, both of his fights he rematched, he came back way better the second time.

4. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

Let do it again. Close and great fight.

5. No Skill Gap Brown Belt Platinum Member

Rematch is definitely what is "fair" and merit / justice would dictate. But I can totally see Jones just yeeting to HW and saying fuck that.

I'm more concerned with the gameplan. During the entire fight I was basically waiting for Jones to turn it up and smoke Reyes. "Okay he just toyed with him and survived round 1, he's gonna pour it on." Okay now it's round 3...Jones is going to finish him.

It just never happened. It was somewhat surreal. I would never expect Jones to lack killer instinct, but he did. Reyes was hurt pretty badly while semi-gassed at one point and Jones didn't pour it on...pretty sure it was the 4th round about halfway through.

6. Lulzy White Belt

I don't believe a rematch is necessary. Jones landed the more powerful strikes in a span of 25 minutes, and he landed more takedowns, and he was literally chasing Reyes down in the last five minutes. The best Reyes could not beat the worst Jones tonight. Next time, the best Jones will show up...

7. Merlotte's Silver Belt

I don’t think it’s necessary. Jones dominated.

8. sdpdude9 Black Belt

I’d like to see it but doubt it happens.

9. MrFeeny Brown Belt

No he didn't. And Jones was running away with his back turned the first 15 minutes.

10. Trill Soul White Belt

I had it a draw so why not
    I don't think he will, I think he fights the winner of Corey vs Jay then goes to HW but who knows, maybe his ego will get us a rematch

11. TapSnapBreak Fossil Griffin Belt

Jones by ud if they rematch

12. Lulzy White Belt

Jones by KO in the rematch.

13. Volador Brown Belt

I hope they do, because there’s no other real great contenders at LHW anyway. It’s a tricky situation for Jones, because Stipe might destroy him if he comes in like he did against Reyes and Santos, so it might not be smart at this point in his career to go up.

In my opinion and many other’s, he lost tonight. If he wants to call himself the legit champion, we need the rematch, much like Shogun-Machida.

14. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Shoulda Coulda woulda. Jones wins and moves on, no way he gets pressured into a rematch when Izzy, Big old Anthony Johnson and the Heavyweight division loom. getting into a saga with smelly breath is not next, though it probably should be.

15. BullyKutta Orange Belt

The UFC is only too happy to parlay this into a rematch.

And I look forward to skipping it. They're not getting a dime of my money for it.

16. clackers Purple Belt

Na Jones won move on fight someone else next let Reyes work in his cardio win some fights

17. Safton Purple Belt

Rematch needs to happen and I think it will judging by the media scores, Dana's comments, etc. If tonight was indicative of where Jones is at at this point in his career, I don't know that moving up to HW or holding out for a money fight with Izzy will save him frankly. He looked like a shell of his former self tonight.

Delusional. And I say this as someone who was rooting for Jones. I can see someone saying Jones won even if I don't agree, but to say that he dominated is comical.

18. ZOD66 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Nikita Krylov vs Jones is fight I want to see. Krylov is more crazy then Reyes who do not respect his Spanish history

19. Merlotte's Silver Belt

It’s uncommon for Reyes to spend an entire fight on his back foot. That wasn’t in his game plan and never had been. He was shook the entire fight save for a few flurries where he did not land anything significant. This ain’t boxing where a fighter can dance on the ropes and compete, this is MMA and when a fighter is afraid to engage he will be dominated.

20. Safton Purple Belt

It wasn't JBJ's game plan to eat punches either I imagine. Besides, Reyes didn't spend the entire fight on his back foot. Rounds 4 and 5? Yes, absolutely. But in the non-championship rounds, he outstruck Bones and actually had him turning his back and shelling up, ceding control of the Octagon to him. Octagon control is supposed to be the last criteria scored, used as a tiebreaker if all else is equal. It was not.

I don't know how you can possibly argue that Dom didn't land anything significant. That's the first time in a while we've seen Jones visibly bloodied and wobbled by punches and forced to get on his bike like that.