Remaining Government Stock of WWII M1911

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Far out!

https://m.warhistoryonline.com/war-...1s-handguns-to-be-sold-off-to-the-public.html

LPB1-Z-F2-H.jpg

M1911_Pistol.jpg

The CMP has been tasked with the sale and distribution, which means they will be overpriced and the process of actually buying one will not be worth it.

I'd love do grab a few of those for my dad. Would go oerfecty with his 1903.

people gonna rage when they get a rattling shot out POS with musket level accuracy...

Do they still make pistols with the trigger like that?

Fuck cmp....

I'd just buy a soringfield or a rock island gi model I guess.

Fuck cmp....

I'd just buy a soringfield or a rock island gi model I guess.

I would go with Auto-Ordnance, if you wanted a historical look....it even says "U.S. Army" on it..

m1911A1.jpg

I am going to get one purely for the historic value. 1911 was the gun I learned to shoot on and is synonymous with the Army for me. Just gonna buy it for the historic value.

I am going to get one purely for the historic value. 1911 was the gun I learned to shoot on and is synonymous with the Army for me. Just gonna buy it for the historic value.

How long has it been since the army used the 1911 though? I know some of the usmc still uses the 1911 but the army has been one. Beretta for the past ~ 20 years or so...

But I agree, I also learned on the 1911 and built o e from scratch with my grandfather a loooooong time ago.

In fact I still have a very old one that my grandpa used to carry everyday and it has a hell of a story: back in the early 50s grandpa and my dad (grandpa was retired marine) were driving through their rural farm country and they saw the neighbor who was a known drunk and abusive person just beating the shit out of his wife and son, totally drunk like 8 am.

Grandpa got out of the car and popped the guy right in the hip with that 45.

I guess back then you could do stuff like that and get away with it....not so much today60-70 years later.

^Army hasn't issues then since before Desert Storm. It's just that it's an icon. Carried by GI's in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc. It's also cool to see who carried it and where when you get a historic one.

That and I hated my Beretta i was issued.

Berettas shoot better when you don't blink so much.

murtagh-anim.gif

Back