News Relson Gracie Charged With Drug Trafficking

Guard

Be Real
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...neer-relson-gracie-arrested-bag-drugs-bus-bjj

Relson Gracie, 66, was arrested on Friday night in Pirai, Rio de Janeiro, by the Federal Highway Police after dogs found drugs in his bags on a bus trip between Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

Gracie allegedly had several forms of cannabis in his bag, the police revealed. Cops also found a flight ticket from Los Angeles to Sao Paulo, and suspect that Gracie brought the drugs with him from the United States.

Members of the Gracie family declined to comment when contacted by MMA Fighting.

Relson Gracie, a 9th degree red belt in jiu-jitsu, is the second-oldest son of Brazilian jiu-jitsu legend Helio Gracie. The 66-year-old was charged with drug trafficking, which could give him five to 15 years in jail.

(current) UFC fans be like 'Who?'

lol.

This is crazy and fucked up. Trying that shit at 66. Also crazy that your thread is gaining no traction.

what the hell son, 5-15 year fer da weeds?

Well see how much fame the Gracie name carries in Brazil when his court day comes.

He couldn't strangle those dogs? BJJ becoming more and more useless these days.

Up to 15 years in prison just for weed?

Bunch of backward losers, what a waste of tax payer money, let's send this 66 year old to prison for potentially the rest of his life over some weed

Who doesnt carry meds on plane going from LA?

Sounds about right.

The Gracie's were pretty much a jiu jitsu wielding mafia

Brazil has actually somewhat relaxed its laws against marijuana in recent years, but apparently non-medical possession/use is still illegal. Dmed shame. No one deserves to head to incarceration over marijuana possession.

For weed??

God fuckin God.

Go after the tweakers, not the pot heads! Priorities!

Brought it from the US??
Probably brought some good cali shit with him for his trip to Brazil.

Does anybody know where he lived? I'd bet he lived in the US and just wanted good weed for his trip.

I met him at his school in Hawaii 20 something years ago, he was very cool and accommodating to the kids in class back then. I totally didn’t see that coming.

Lol look at all these apologists thinking its okay to traffic lethal pots

"BUS TRIP"

Smuggling weed by bus trip sounds incredibly stupid.

Surely he could leverage his Gracie surname to lease a vehicle or have a student smuggle for him... I would deduct that he uses the product regularly and thus the poor decisions.

Back