Religion is ridiculous.

People who don't believe in God do those things too. And at the same time, someone today is doing something good because of a belief in God, or something they learned in church. You can't pin good or evil on religion. Life isn't that simple.
Amen.

I just threw up a little in my mouth..

The Nordic countries disagree with your conjecture. They are thriving as a result of the loss of religion, not making up new grievances.
well,good for them,i just would hope the rest of the world could do the same. i think too many people want to be led.

The Nordic countries disagree with your conjecture. They are thriving as a result of the loss of religion, not making up new grievances.

Regarding a loss of religion, I've heard that Odinism has legitimately been making a comeback.

Well I don't regard myself as a Christian, so I don't suppose the arguments were enough to convince me. But I still felt like they were compelling and showed that an evidential case can be made.

CS Lewis called Christianity "the one true myth." What he meant by that was that, indeed, Christianity stands alone among the religions and the only true one.

I have not been convinced of that, but what I will say is that if any religion IS true, I believe it's probably Christianity.

Let me ask, did he say that in regards to it being a myth but also somewhat historically accurate. Not so much Jesues being an actual god but that he did exist and also became a myth.

I believe Jesus existed but religion made him divine.

Let me ask, did he say that in regards to it being a myth but also somewhat historically accurate. Not so much Jesues being an actual god but that he did exist and also became a myth.

I believe Jesus existed but religion made him divine.

He was basically riffing on how religions are often regarded as mythologies, but saying that Christianity is the only one among them that is real.

If you don't know anything about Lewis, he was a British atheist who converted to Christianity and ended up being one of the most influential apologists for the faith. He once said that when he first converted, he was "the unhappiest Christian in all of England," because he didn't WANT to be Christian but he had become convinced of its literal truth.

If you ever get a chance to read Mere Christianity then you should. It's the best introduction to his line of thought on the subject.

He was basically riffing on how religions are often regarded as mythologies, but saying that Christianity is the only one among them that is real.

If you don't know anything about Lewis, he was a British atheist who converted to Christianity and ended up being one of the most influential apologists for the faith. He once said that when he first converted, he was "the unhappiest Christian in all of England," because he didn't WANT to be Christian but he had become convinced of its literal truth.

If you ever get a chance to read Mere Christianity then you should. It's the best introduction to his line of thought on the subject.

What made him convert to Christianity?

Are smarter more educated people less likely to be controlled by religious shits?

Yeah but Christianity borrowed from fake religions before it. There really is no "solid" proof shadow.

It's why the term blind faith is used. It is blind faith after all.

It's definitely not blind faith. God is more real than any of you, or me.

Not one of the many out there have a shred of proof that what they are doing is right. And yet it has been the cause of millions upon millions of lives lost. No doubt someone today had their daughter raped and murdered and then was beheaded them self because they thought God was blue and not pink.

It is complete lunacy.
1366228992701.jpg

The OP is wrong about there not being a shred of evidence. I've read some very interesting and intelligent defenses of Christianity that draw upon science, history and logic to good effect.
Sorry bro, they really don't hold up. I've read a couple of books dedicated to proving Jesus was real as the bible's account and they're not watertight by any stretch of the imagination

Lol Nordic, stoic badasses just making millions playing online poker every day becaus they're not held captive by human emotions. Fucking ultra intelligent and handsome scandis (white Europeans look all the same and I can say it)

It's definitely not blind faith. God is more real than any of you, or me.

That's the exact definition of blind faith. It's nice you believe that but there is still no actual proof.

Religion is most certainly based off of faith. the word itself is monumentally importsnt to the religion.

That's the exact definition of blind faith. It's nice you believe that but there is still no actual proof.

Religion is most certainly based off of faith. the word itself is monumentally importsnt to the religion.

What's the exact definition of blind faith? That I interact with and perceive God in my every day life? I don't find believing in God to require much faith. Faith, to me, is about acting in accordance with that belief. Trusting God's guidance instead of your own desires and your own knowledge.

Back