Religion is ridiculous.

I know a lot of religious people that are ex addicts of something else, a lot of people use it to fill a void within them. I go back and forth on thinking if its ultimately good or evil for humanity. Does the amount of good that it provides people outweigh the evil that is done in its name? I don't know.

No you can't. You can't prove any morals in a land with no law or religion. Do you think morals existed back in the caveman days? You think they thought it was wrong to bash someones head in?

How do you think groups of cavemen existed without killing each other? Clearly they had some kind of moral code.

No, you cannot. Because it all comes back to feeling something you can't explain.

Your insult was expected.

You're saying we can't explain why stealing from someone is wrong because we can't explain the feeling being stolen from causes?

Think about what you're saying. It makes zero sense.

Again, applying situational ethics to the physical reality we exist in, we have no problems at all coming up with a moral code that does not rely on faith.

We're quite good at it too. Take murder for example, where we have degrees of murder depending on the circumstances of the event. We even have something like manslaughter where a person is responsible for the death of another person, but it doesn't necessarily qualify as murder.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. Faith is an excuse to stop thinking about this stuff.

I notice you didn't quote the part of my post where I mentioned how, as a Christian, you have to accept the moral code of the bible which is explicitly pro slavery.

Do you think slavery is moral?

No you can't. You can't prove any morals in a land with no law or religion. Do you think morals existed back in the caveman days? You think they thought it was wrong to bash someones head in?

Being able to co-exist in close proximity and cooperate with one another is one of the main reasons our species has been so successful.

While the morality of early humans may not have been as refined as we have it now, you can bet that a sense of fairness existed in social groups even back then. It exists today in plenty of other animals who aren't as able to consider these concepts like we do.

We don't need moral pronouncements handed down to us 10 at a time in tablet form, or the sum total of our legal system. All we need is a little empathy and compassion. That is exactly how it all started.

Last edited:
People who claim, as if they know, that there is no God or an afterlife, are ridiculous.

Back