Religion is ridiculous.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not one of the many out there have a shred of proof that what they are doing is right. And yet it has been the cause of millions upon millions of lives lost. No doubt someone today had their daughter raped and murdered and then was beheaded them self because they thought God was blue and not pink.

It is complete lunacy.

The older i get the more I realize a lot of people use religion as a cover for their other motives. I mean if I grew up living in a cave I'd want to kill people too

sometimes you wanna dive off the planet when you consider how much people still get killed over this bullshit.

Not one of the many out there have a shred of proof that what they are doing is right. And yet it has been the cause of millions upon millions of lives lost. No doubt someone today had their daughter raped and murdered and then was beheaded them self because they thought God was blue and not pink.

It is complete lunacy.
Well, since you put it that way

Yeah killing people because they believe in other fairy tails then you is just mind blowing and extremely stupid imo.. You dont believe in santa?.. Im gona fcking kill you and cut your head of.. WTF really just crazy stuff

If all religion was taken away,maybe mankind would just find a new way to fuck things up. We are a virus with shoes.

It's pretty much unbelievable how many people still believe in it.

No doubt someone today had their daughter raped and murdered and then was beheaded them self because they thought God was blue and not pink.

People who don't believe in God do those things too. And at the same time, someone today is doing something good because of a belief in God, or something they learned in church. You can't pin good or evil on religion. Life isn't that simple.

People who don't believe in God do those things too. And at the same time, someone today is doing something good because of a belief in God, or something they learned in church. You can't pin good or evil on religion. Life isn't that simple.
Petey.. Yeah non believers do as well, but it isn't by the millions.

This thread would do better in the War Room.

There is plenty of killing all over the world, throughout human history, every day & on every level, from the street urchin to the drone strike, occurring not for God - but for other reasons, usually money/power.

And again... plenty of people straightening their lives out thanks, in part, to religion.

It's not the black & white issue you want it to be.

The OP is wrong about there not being a shred of evidence. I've read some very interesting and intelligent defenses of Christianity that draw upon science, history and logic to good effect.

The OP is wrong about there not being a shred of evidence. I've read some very interesting and intelligent defenses of Christianity that draw upon science, history and logic to good effect.
No you haven't

It is really bat shit insane if you think about.

The horrific things humans have done to their fellow man in the name of religion. Even now terrible things are happening.

And all for what? Something that has zero actual proof. It's just Blind faith at its maximum level. It's all just blind faith, proof is not even something called into question.

It's really insane.

Yeah but Christianity borrowed from fake religions before it. There really is no "solid" proof shadow.

It's why the term blind faith is used. It is blind faith after all.

Well that couldnt be more wrong. You should pick up some history books.

Yeah but Christianity borrowed from fake religions before it. There really is no "solid" proof shadow.

It's why the term blind faith is used. It is blind faith after all.

Well I don't regard myself as a Christian, so I don't suppose the arguments were enough to convince me. But I still felt like they were compelling and showed that an evidential case can be made.

CS Lewis called Christianity "the one true myth." What he meant by that was that, indeed, Christianity stands alone among the religions and the only true one.

I have not been convinced of that, but what I will say is that if any religion IS true, I believe it's probably Christianity.

If all religion was taken away,maybe mankind would just find a new way to fuck things up. We are a virus with shoes.
Truest thing that will be posted in this thread.

The Nordic countries disagree with your conjecture. They are thriving as a result of the loss of religion, not making up new grievances.

Back