Social Relation of life on earth to universe

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
What is it ?
When you think about it , it does get more and more strange more you think about it.

So just when you think about the size relations ,its a wtf very soon.
We are so small in relation to the planet we are living on that its astonishing.
Then if you go further , you see the size and importance of the Sun , and how Earth is small comparing to sun. Then you just stop for a moment to remind yourself we are living on this 'small' Earth.

Then , of course you can go further and understand galaxies , other stars, and finally the size of the 'observable universe'.
Can you compare us to the size of the observable universe ? Does that make any sense at all ?
There is a saying that relation of the size of the observable universe to the size of the whole universe is like
relation of the size of the atom to the size of the human being.

So what do you say, how does all this makes any sense at all ? What are we doing here , why, and why are we so small and at the same time we should be so important ?

AngelicSneakyDesertpupfish-small.gif

What is it ?
When you think about it , it does get more and more strange more you think about it.

So just when you think about the size relations ,its a wtf very soon.
We are so small in relation to the planet we are living on that its astonishing.
Then if you go further , you see the size and importance of the Sun , and how Earth is small comparing to sun. Then you just stop for a moment to remind yourself we are living on this 'small' Earth.

Then , of course you can go further and understand galaxies , other stars, and finally the size of the 'observable universe'.
Can you compare us to the size of the observable universe ? Does that make any sense at all ?
There is a saying that relation of the size of the observable universe to the size of the whole universe is like
relation of the size of the atom to the size of the human being.

So what do you say, how does all this makes any sense at all ? What are we doing here , why, and why are we so small and at the same time we should be so important ?
We can grow to become a force throughout the universe. We may create new universes. We are the universe looking at itself. We are the universes awareness, as far as we know. We are a manifestation of energy which can then “decide” what to do with the energy that passes through our grasp.

Don't you mean observable universe?

Kind of depends on what the estimated actual size currently is - I'm not sure what the consensus is on the actual size, but you're probably right that the actual is larger.

Ive delved into this topic myself as well. For hours non stop.....

The honest truth is we have no fucken idea. The brightest minds dont know either, they have hit a wall. You see true smart ones (scientists, philosophers, etc) all the time make claims about what they think but its all speculation at that point. They really dont know.

The amount of unanswered questions of the Universe is mind boggling especially the mystery of life.

I have always been of the mindset that life is wildly abundant throughout the universe.

If you look at it realistically, there is several planets similar to ours in shape, mass, distance to there Stars to be an ideal for life. A genius mathematician called Frank Drake actually made a very conservative calculation on chances of life. He factored in the billions of stars in milky way, planets possibly orbiting at right distance to a star and various other factors. On low end he had 1000 civilizations in milky way on high end 100 million. The milky way is fucken huge so 100 million is possible....

This is only an estimate for Mily Way. Thats one insignificant galaxy in an ocean of billions of possible galaxies. Do you know what that means??? Even if you take him on his very conservative estimate of 1000 civilizations per galaxy and multiply that by the endless billions of galaxies. You get an insane number of possible places where life can be... into the high billions off a conservative estimate.

Think the real obstacle is our distance from each other. Even short trips within our tiny spec of sand solar system, takes light years to get anywhere. Everything is so far away for travel. Hell even our neighbor planet Mars which is fucken close takes years to get to moving non stop in space.

Anyone that doesnt think abundant life is a legit real possibility in the Universe hasn’t thought hard enough about the idea.

Last edited:
A speck'o'dust...
Butt, we think we important!!!

I’m jus out here tryin to live moment to moment. Like a monkey swinging branch to branch.. maybe I stop n scratch my nuts.. maybe I throw some shit idk.

Thats all we ever been doing amigo. We really arent that different to our primate cousins. They key difference is our brain but in many ways all the stuff we choose to do is stilll deeply rooted in our primal nature.

Even now where on a forum thats built for our fandom of watching two men beat the shit out of each other to see whos physically/mentally superior. Thats pretty primitive if you think about it. By extension all other sports are just bastardizations of one of our most primitive behavior, fighting/competition. Just to see whos the King of us primates. We have this wierd complex where we seek out leaders and people to guide us, inspire us etc Thats why I think sports, athletes, celebs, politicians are so popular and seen as these social leaders

Ultimately I think thats why I like mma so much. Its one of the truest and purest forms of competition. So we can see who the king primate is lol.

Back