Social Reince Priebus former RNC chair claims Trump will run for President again

Nah, they're one dumb nickname away from losing the primary. He derailed Jeb by calling him "low energy" and got Rubio by calling him "little". Those were legit front runners.

When he turns the primary into an episode of Maury, they won't be able to hang with him.
More than that why would a Trumper vote for Desantis, Haley, Scott or any other 2nd rate Trump knockoff when they have the real thing to vote for in the primary?

I doubt anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 suddenly feels any different about him at this point. Those are Team Red lifers that will never vote Blue, and if he runs again he can count on all of those votes coming back for him at least. The question is where would he make any gains?

He's also someone who actually gets shit done which is a rarity for the modern-day GOP (and politicians in general tbh). Until the past 6 months or so when he has (unfortunately) begun embracing culture war BS like the rest of his party, there was very little he shared in common with Trump other than his visible loyalty.
I meant as far as becoming Speaker or if their current plan of canceling the election works and having the States vote him back in as President.

More than that why would a Trumper vote for Desantis, Haley, Scott or any other 2nd rate Trump knockoff when they have the real thing to vote for in the primary?

Nobody calls him fat but everyone is fat on that stage in 2016 as well and he was taller than everyone except Jeb

He seemed triggered when Bush toweered over him

Any GQP candidate who has any real ambitions at winning the primary in 2024 have no other choice but to embrace the culture war BS because it's the only way to keep the base motivated.
I think DeSantis could have won the nomination without it, provided that Trump himself didn't run and publicly endorsed him instead.

Sad state of the party regardless

DeSantis is almost as bad as Trump. It's time to start running some moderates for the sake of the country.

I think "moderate" is a little misleading. When Republicans were power, they kept the ACA in place (barely failed to throw millions of people off health insurance for another tax cut for the rich, but it did fail) and pushed for higher deficits as a form of stimulus. Both of those can be seen as moderation. The party seems increasingly not even to really care about policy at the national level, though they're becoming increasingly radical in terms of seizing power (there's now strong support in the party for getting rid of democracy and civil liberties). So it's not so much ideological moderation that they need as a return to support for the basic American project.

Have you spent any time trying to understand Trump or do you just listen to what he says? Trump would NEVER work for another POTUS. It would be an insult to him. Trump doesn’t play ball unless his name is all over it.

Plus, what possible cabinet position could he do? He has no expertise in anything relevant to gov't, including diplomacy.

Back