Regardless of who you thought won...

Baba Ghanoush

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
That fight is a perfect example on why the current scoring system in MMA is absolutely absurd. It was the same issue in the Condit/Lawler fight where rounds three and five are given the same exact scores. Imagine if in baseball you're only awarded one run for "winning" the inning, regardless of how many runs you actually scored.

Both were phenomenal fights, but completely mired when there's no finish. How bound by the commission is the UFC from implementing any kind of change on their own?

Disagree.

Here we have a fight were its easy to forget Bisping rocked Silva in the first round and dropped him like a sack of potatoes in the second round. So at a baseline we can all agree Bisping cleanly won two rounds.

We all seem to agree Silva won two rounds.

That means the dispute is over a single round where its fairly subjective. Silva spent an absurd amount of time hanging out against the cage doing hand motions while Bisping fired at him and stayed active.

Personally I scored this fight 3-2 for Anderson but I have no problem with folks who saw it the other way.

Disagree.

Here we have a fight were its easy to forget Bisping rocked Silva in the first round and dropped him like a sack of potatoes in the second round. So at a baseline we can all agree Bisping cleanly won two rounds.

We all seem to agree Silva won two rounds.

That means the dispute is over a single round where its fairly subjective. Silva spent an absurd amount of time hanging out against the cage doing hand motions while Bisping fired at him and stayed active.

Personally I scored this fight 3-2 for Anderson but I have no problem with folks who saw it the other way.

I agree Bisping nearly finished Anderson as well. Anderson doesn't bleed though.

Move onto another sport then. FFS. I've been a fan of this sport for only nearly 10 years and I'm sorry but THEM'S THE FUCKIN' rules.

Offside rule in football. Don't like it? Get bent.

You're right with regardless of who won, Michael still won.

The problem is round 4. Everyone can agree that Mike won 1 and 2 and Silva won 3 and 5.

Round 4 was same as 1 and 2 with Michael Bisping controlling the octagon and landing on Silva. Silva landed 1 good body kick in the mid round. Here's where Silva tried to steal the round at the end when he landed a hook and uppercut and a godly superman punch.

Now the question is this. Is a hook, uppercut and a superman punch enough to win a lost round? To some it did because it did more damage than Bisping's 20 weak jabs. Others think 20 weak jabs is more damage than a godly superman punch to the face. How you score it is up to you.

At first I scored it for Silva then I rewatched and remembered how Bisping was controlling and dominating Silva for 95% of that fight. 3 clean punches land is not going to win you a lost round. So I'm glad the judges actually made the right call this time.

You know what's absurd? Comparing round scoring to home runs in baseball. Waaaay different sports.

It really is in how the judges are scoring, not the rules. A ten point must is for the winner of the round, there is absolutely no reason they can't give out an 8 to the round loser. But from my point of view, neither guy took a round 10-8, so there was zero problem with how it was scored.

Back