Regardless of the outcome Saturday, Gus will get a title shot at Jones.

KR811**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Even if Gus loses ge will still be in the talks for another title shot if Jones dispatches Rumble. Dana white is rooting for another rematch and he let Gus sit on ass waiting for jones until jones got injured. Dana white isn't going to feed Gus to Dc or vice versa.

Rumble needs to win or isn't going to get another chance.

Even if Gus loses ge will still be in the talks for another title shot if Jones dispatches Rumble. Dana white is rooting for another rematch and he let Gus sit on ass waiting for jones until jones got injured. Dana white isn't going to feed Gus to Dc or vice versa.

I suppose he would need to win a fight in the meantime, but you may well be right. And that is fine with me. It will be a shame if those two never fight again.

Probably; it's not like there are many potential contenders left for Jones...

Most likely. Many of the fans thought Gus won the first fight, so win or lose against Rumble, they will line up to see if Gus can finally dethrone JBJ.

I wouldnt be surprised. One thing for sure if there were to be an injury in any title fight Gus would be the first alternate

So what? Jones will beat him again. But let's hope the LHW division doesn't get stuck circling round and round like HW and Welterweight.

even if gus loses ge will still be in the talks for another title shot if jones dispatches rumble. Dana white is rooting for another rematch and he let gus sit on ass waiting for jones until jones got injured. Dana white isn't going to feed gus to dc or vice versa.

you realize that it was gus that got injured and had to pull out of the rematch, allowing dc to take his spot, right?

So what? Jones will beat him again. But let's hope the LHW division doesn't get stuck circling round and round like HW and Welterweight.

Rumble won't get a second chance. I want another lawler like resurgence.

What if Rumble loses a split decision or loses a close unanimous decision? You don't think he can ever get another title shot, he already beat Phil Davis and he's exciting so I wouldn't be shocked if he gets one after a rebound win (if he loses to Gus).

Rumble won't get a second chance. I want another lawler like resurgence.
Me too! I hope Rumble puts a beating on him. At the very least wins a decision. I'm just tired of seeing instant rematches because fans don't like the outcome.

I predict that both of them will get a title shot before the year is over, which makes all the talk of a contender being "killed off" to be ridiculous. This is a fight to see who gets the shot first. The loser will just have to put 1-2 decent wins together and be right there to contend.

I don't really get the discussion. Whoever is the most deserving when it's time for a title fight usually gets it. These things sort themselves out. If he loses saturday and Rumble gets the next, Jones wins and Gus wins one in the meantime, he'd probably be the next contender, yes.

Rumble fights and loses badly to Jones mid-Summer.

Gus fights Jones on the NYE show and loses another razor thin decision but it's clear this time that Gus takes the much worse damage both physically and psychologically. After that fight he'll be in a career tail spin which will lead to a few bad years for Gus.

You're wrong about Gus/DC that fight does happen and Gus puts on the performance of his life and wins a close decision in the summer of 15'; it's the one of five times that he actually beats DC and he pulls it off.

Even if Rumble knocks Gus the Fuck out in 10 seconds?

you realize that it was gus that got injured and had to pull out of the rematch, allowing dc to take his spot, right?

It's so funny how so many people forget this.

Gus will have to prove himself again if he loses to Rumble. If Rumble wins he will get the title shot and Gus will have to fight another contender to get a shot.

Gus vs DC would likely happen.

Gus is not getting a title shot coming off a loss to Rumble. :icon_lol:

It really doesn't matter in the end though because Gus wont win anyway. Jones is just better in every way.

Well it makes sense to protect DC and Gus from each other since they were the only ones that gave Jones a fight.

Both should fight Jones this year. They're the only interesting challengers left for Jon, which is the reason I don't like this match up happening at this time.

That's not what I meant. Gus wasn't planning on fighting unless it was a title shot. Jones was supposed to fight in sept but he got injured and didn't fight until earlier this month. Rumble want to fight Gus and Gus declined at the time.

Back