Regardless of the election, the fatties must be stopped...

I always get a kick out of morbidly obese fat acceptance type people demanding socialized healthcare.

Its has also become a national defense issue.
BG-unable-join-military-chart-1.gif

https://www.heritage.org/defense/re...sis-young-americans-unable-serve-the-military

Obesity is a health problem according to that report
A student of mine signed up for the marines last month. He is not unhealthy, nor obese, but he is concerned that he is going to walk into basic training so out of shape because sports and PE are not available to him and his parents limit his time he can be outside to jog. I guess he has TV and pushups.

Obesity in America is not going to change. It's ingrained in our culture:

We push sports over academics for our kids in the hopes for that "free ride" to cut the cost of colleges. The sports we push tend to be sports specifically designed for big people (football, basketball, etc)
5afdb6e2b9c4f91d008b4fd9

We subsidize the crap out of the sugar industry

file-20191217-58292-nlmvmh.jpg

We literally invented a new form of sugar in a lab to keep Iowa corn farmers happy (Iowa votes first in the presidential election season).

high-fructose-corn-syrup-market.jpg

Exercise classes in schools are being cut so that kids more time studying whatever new pedagogy comes down the pipeline:

dc-Cover-5tt511bvuc03rq341rbt8pupa6-20180904153030.Medi.jpeg

Props for keeping shape mate. I've been pretty slack since the stroke and seizure but moving out of the city onto my own bushland made the biggest difference for me. Was to easy to just pop into drive through and no real reason to venture into the world for exercise. Since moving no maccas for 9 months. Still eat a lot of crap but walking about 4 - 7 miles a day now. When I got here one was my limit. Had a acl reconstruction but its funked again so just trying each day a bit more.

Without the dog in that picture I'd probably be waaay worse off though. Turns out for me getting away from people actually made the biggest difference for me. No excuses no anxiety just me. Made a huge difference for me.

I went on a tangent apologies but its a sign of how mentally unwell the majority of people are nowadays. I think allowing yourself to get that big definetly has to be more a mental issue than a physical issue. Kind of like anorexia.

At my biggest I would have been about 220lbs ( im a bit over 6 foot ) so not even obese. But the toll even that bit of extra weight took on my joints and general well being was unexpected. Looking back on it its surprising just how much of a toll it took mentally and physically.
Dude good for you. Bouncing back from a stroke and a seizure is hard to do. Glad you're recovering. Even walking is good for you, as you're probably retraining your nerves and everything now.
And yeah, so many people fall into the junk food trap. Easier to indulge and feel good for a bit. Even close to 40 I don't want a belly and have kept it at bay. I could never cave in and let myself go for long. Too much pride in myself.

Fat people are being artificially kept alive by modern technology.
That's true. Wonder what % of the healthcare costs increases are due to us keeping people alive who are fat and have no reason being fat

Back