Regardless of the election, the fatties must be stopped...

An obvious failing of the free market. When 1/3 of your population is obese from eating fast foods and you have fast foods availability EVERYWHERE, it becomes ideological to NOT deal with the offer problem. But of course that would be communism so you guys are going to remain obese tubs of lard.
Lol this dope, part of the reason sugary sodas and snacks are so cheap and easily accessed is due to agricultural subsidies

HFCS is artificially cheap because we pay agricultural firms billions of dollars to make corn and beets we don’t need.

Amazing how people that point out “failure” in the free market are almost always uninformed

Its has also become a national defense issue.
BG-unable-join-military-chart-1.gif

https://www.heritage.org/defense/re...sis-young-americans-unable-serve-the-military

Obesity is a health problem according to that report
It's less a restrictive issue and more the military can be picky now. Fat? Lose weight in boot camp fatty. Health? It used to be 5 fingers, 5 toes -- you're in. Criminality? Judges would let you join the military instead of going to jail. Education? They had a program getting mentally handicapped people in at one point (the "Moron Corps"). They choose to find stuff to ding you with, instead of choosing to find reasons to look away to get you in. It's a different labor market and a different time.

Last edited:
It's less a restrictive issue and more the military can be picky now. Fat? Lose weight in boot camp fatty. Health? It used to be 5 fingers, 5 toes -- you're in. Criminality? Judges would let you join the military instead of going to jail. They choose to find stuff to ding you with, instead of choosing to find reasons to look away to get you in. It's a different labor market and a different time.

They've actually had to make boot camp easier to account for more recruits getting stress fractures due to being out of shape at the begining. I enlisted in 2000 and things have changed due to the recruits being less able both physically and mentally

They've actually had to make boot camp easier to account for more recruits getting stress fractures due to being out of shape at the begining. I enlisted in 2000 and things have changed due to the recruits being less able both physically and mentally
In my parent's generation, they literally had a program to get 100,000 mentally handicapped (below the required 80 IQ) people into the service. Project 100,000/ the Moron Corps. I can't believe that the military of 1950s-1980s would be dinging 35% of today's population as unfit for service. We have a different military now. So, saying 35% of Americans are unfit is more a reflection on how professional our military has become than it is on the younger generations. They would be given waivers, or more likely problems just ignored and pretended not to exist, and be considered fit for service in era's past.

edit: Are the increased injuries among male troops too? Because there's been an enormous increase in the amount of women, and that could explain it. I don't think younger people have gotten THAT much fatter/ out of shape since 2000.

Last edited:
I agree with the first part. Def doc discretion.

But man, I have kids, work. My wife works and I have heart disease, but I manage to be in decent shape. I can still do a set of 5x10 of pull-ups of 5x5 with a kid RNCing me. There's time. People just choose to spend it doing nothing in front of s screen eating

Props for keeping shape mate. I've been pretty slack since the stroke and seizure but moving out of the city onto my own bushland made the biggest difference for me. Was to easy to just pop into drive through and no real reason to venture into the world for exercise. Since moving no maccas for 9 months. Still eat a lot of crap but walking about 4 - 7 miles a day now. When I got here one was my limit. Had a acl reconstruction but its funked again so just trying each day a bit more.

Without the dog in that picture I'd probably be waaay worse off though. Turns out for me getting away from people actually made the biggest difference for me. No excuses no anxiety just me. Made a huge difference for me.

I went on a tangent apologies but its a sign of how mentally unwell the majority of people are nowadays. I think allowing yourself to get that big definetly has to be more a mental issue than a physical issue. Kind of like anorexia.

At my biggest I would have been about 220lbs ( im a bit over 6 foot ) so not even obese. But the toll even that bit of extra weight took on my joints and general well being was unexpected. Looking back on it its surprising just how much of a toll it took mentally and physically.

Type 2 diabetes, a disease where those with it often become obese, is a growing problem for America. i suspect more could be done to help prevent this disease along with treat it's symptoms.

I worked with two fat girls a few years ago. Their environmental impact was crazy higher than mine. Always cranked the AC, never walked, ate way more etc. Fat people aka sherdogger's moms are bad for the world and healthcare
Fat people are being artificially kept alive by modern technology.

Props for keeping shape mate. I've been pretty slack since the stroke and seizure but moving out of the city onto my own bushland made the biggest difference for me. Was to easy to just pop into drive through and no real reason to venture into the world for exercise. Since moving no maccas for 9 months. Still eat a lot of crap but walking about 4 - 7 miles a day now. When I got here one was my limit. Had a acl reconstruction but its funked again so just trying each day a bit more.

Without the dog in that picture I'd probably be waaay worse off though. Turns out for me getting away from people actually made the biggest difference for me. No excuses no anxiety just me. Made a huge difference for me.

I went on a tangent apologies but its a sign of how mentally unwell the majority of people are nowadays. I think allowing yourself to get that big definetly has to be more a mental issue than a physical issue. Kind of like anorexia.

At my biggest I would have been about 220lbs ( im a bit over 6 foot ) so not even obese. But the toll even that bit of extra weight took on my joints and general well being was unexpected. Looking back on it its surprising just how much of a toll it took mentally and physically.
Yeah I'm 5'8" and I lifted to get to ~180 lbs at one point, and I could feel the health effects of the weight too at like 20. Some places in America, that's considered skinny.. So many guys walking around at your 6' weight at my 5'8 height and we pretend it's not a big deal. It's crazy what we've come to consider normal.

Even being overweight, not obese, breaks down your body in ways that don't get diagnosed as health problems but it makes everything just feel shittier. Like, it's bad, but not bad enough to be clinical. Just random aches and pains and stress that you don't get when you're 140-150 lbs (at 5'8).

Yeah I'm 5'8" and I lifted to get to ~180 lbs at one point, and I could feel the health effects of the weight too at like 20. Some places in America, that's considered skinny.. So many guys walking around at your 6' weight at my 5'8 height and we pretend it's not a big deal. It's crazy what we've come to consider normal.

Even being overweight, not obese, breaks down your body in ways that don't get diagnosed as health problems but it makes everything just feel shittier. Like, it's bad, but not bad enough to be clinical. Just random aches and pains and stress that you don't get when you're 140-150 lbs (at 5'8).
Back in the day HW boxers were like 190lbs. I'm 45lbs heavier than I was in HS due to lifting. I remember cranking out 25 dips and pullups like they were nothing. Now they're my goals. Everything is harder when you're heavy.

My Mexican neighbor is around 5'4" and 125lbs in his 70's. He kept falling on his head bleeding all over the place. They took him to the ER so many times but NOTHING was broken, the next day after the ER I saw him walking around with bandage on his head like it was nothing. That's the advantage of being small and light. If it was a typical American senior, 6', 200lbs, he would have been in a wheelchair already.

We need a direct fat Tax on fat people.

i.e. if you're over a certain BMI limit for your height, weight and age range then you have to pay a tax for the privilege of being fat.
It wouldn't just be forced into effect immediately, ideally the state gives 2 - 5 years for the average person to get their health in order.

Of course BMI isn't a perfect system, but it would be a step in the right direction.
The following would be exempt from it:
Amateur/Professional athletes, who often carry a much higher BMI through muscle mass then the average person
Those with serious underlying health issues
Children (obviously)
OAPs over the age of 66? I'm not sure what the general retirement age is in America.

Thoughts?

Lol this dope, part of the reason sugary sodas and snacks are so cheap and easily accessed is due to agricultural subsidies

HFCS is artificially cheap because we pay agricultural firms billions of dollars to make corn and beets we don’t need.

Amazing how people that point out “failure” in the free market are almost always uninformed

You sound like someone who reads toilet paper like The Economist as a Bible.

You don't think that what you are describing has a lesser effect on the offer of sweets than what I am describing?

You smug little neo liberal shit.

Fat people are almost encouraged to be fat at this point.

Check this example (if you dare)

WMC_FBomb_Tess_Holliday_Cosmopolitan_UK_Facebook_92818.jpg

That cow shouldn't be on the cover of any magazine. She should be ridiculed and shamed into losing weight.

It's like lazy people who blame systemic racism or effeminate men who are encouraged to get in touch with and express their feelings- these people need to be told to toughen up. We're encouraging weakness.

P.S. because I posted the fatty

HTB1xzZkVW6qK1RjSZFmq6x0PFXac.jpg

1112986396-panama-cricket-girls.jpg

Women-Fashion-Bra-Bikini-Set-Swimsuit-Ladies-Solid-Bandage-Push-up-Swimwear-Bathing-Suits-Biquini-Swimwear.jpg_q50.jpg

You sound like someone who reads toilet paper like The Economist as a Bible.

You don't think that what you are describing has a lesser effect on the offer of sweets than what I am describing?

You smug little neo liberal shit.
I don’t understand what you’re describing. Yes, fast food and sweets are everywhere. And? People wouldn’t buy so much if it wasn’t so cheap.

I’m not gonna snack on an expensive pack of almonds when I can get a delicious honey bun or chocolate bar for so much cheaper

It's not though. I'm from FL and generally go to the hardworking and intelligent beaches around. So many fatass kids (and no, I'm not talking about "baby" fat) and I'm just SMH wondering how bad they'll look when they get older.
I’m in suburban Connecticut, same thing here. Weird seeing 10 year olds and younger just already fat as can be. Weird thing is their parents are usually not overweight! It’s like diet and laziness with parents not controlling the kids food intake. Kids were not this fat 20 years ago when I was growing up (old man yells at cloud).

The BMI has always been pretty unreliable IMO. But, yeah people need to stop eating refined sugars, cheap plant oils and factory farmed meat. And its unfortunately its pretty expensive to eat a healthy diet.

I don’t understand what you’re describing. Yes, fast food and sweets are everywhere. And? People wouldn’t buy so much if it wasn’t so cheap.

I’m not gonna snack on an expensive pack of almonds when I can get a delicious honey bun or chocolate bar for so much cheaper

First of all sweets are only a part of the problem. Fast food chains are all over the place and fat salty garbage is an enormous driver of obesity.

Then, sugar prices are globally super low and if you think that soda and candy bar prices are that sensitive to global commodity prices you are mistaken. Sugar prices make up a small portion of the COGS in sweets and pops, that is just the way confectioneries operate in modern economies, i.e. we are not in the Renaissance era anymore. You could double or triple the price of sugar and your soda pop would cost like 0.02$ more.

Even then, US is not even in the top 5 of sugar producers and sugar is a global commodity.

All in all you are strongly mislead if you think that this is a problem that can be solved by less regulation.

Don't be a pussy and face the issue. Regulate fast food producers.

First of all sweets are only a part of the problem. Fast food chains are all over the place and fat salty garbage is an enormous driver of obesity.

Then, sugar prices are globally super low and if you think that soda and candy bar prices are that sensitive to global commodity prices you are mistaken. Sugar prices make up a small portion of the COGS in sweets and pops, that is just the way confectioneries operate in modern economies, i.e. we are not in the Renaissance era anymore. You could double or triple the price of sugar and your soda pop would cost like 0.02$ more.

Even then, US is not even in the top 5 of sugar producers and sugar is a global commodity.

All in all you are strongly mislead if you think that this is a problem that can be solved by less regulation.

Don't be a pussy and face the issue. Regulate fast food producers.
The US places tariffs on sugar, and it’s HFCS specifically that is so widespread and subsidized, and it is worse because it is highly concentrated with sugar.

Sugary drinks and snacks are the biggest drivers of obesity, not hamburgers.

The US places tariffs on sugar, and it’s HFCS specifically that is so widespread and subsidized, and it is worse because it is highly concentrated with sugar.

Sugary drinks and snacks are the biggest drivers of obesity, not hamburgers.
So your assumption is that global prices are significantly higher than US prices ?
Are you sure ?

A bit of exercise in a PE class isn't going to overcome consuming loads of extra calories anyway.
But, the tools they learn in PE plants the seeds to encourage them to exercise on their own.

Back