Regarding Woodleys "Money fights".....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by frigger, Jul 31, 2016.

1. frigger

frigger Leather Belt

Does anyone else find it funny/annoying that Tyron was whining about his wins and ranking when it suited him and his argument for a title shot. He said he deserved it most because he worked his way up to it fair and square and was told he was getting it so it was owed to him. Well now that Wonderboy is in the same situation (and is also a terrible match up for Woodleys), he suddenly doesn't care or agree with rankings and is only worried about money fights. Changed his tune quick huh ???

2. frigger

frigger Leather Belt

Oh and he was pissed when people were calling for Diaz to rematch Lawler instead of Woodleys shot but now Diaz is his top pick ffs.

3. Jibsta69

Jibsta69 Purple Belt

Woodley is a not a "money" fighter and nobody will pay big money to see him fight so its laughable hes calling fot money fights. He just wants a payday before losing to non money fighter like Wonderboy.

Teh_Lulz7 likes this.
  4. o0obruceleeo0o

o0obruceleeo0o Green Belt

If he wants money fights so bad he should win enough big fights that he himself becomes the money fight.

VB MMA and fatlipjesus like this.
  5. Benoco

Benoco Red Belt

Yeah, I never had a problem with long time champions occasionally having a say in who they fight. But it never really came up with new champs because they're generally young and the ambition that got them to the title usually led them to want to start forging a legacy by fighting the best. I mean just look at Weidman's title defenses vs Bisping calling out Hendo. It's a strange trend and very discouraging.

I think when Woodley says he wants a money fight, he really means he wants an opponent he thinks he can beat and thereby continue his stint in PPV points.

6. LordFarthing

LordFarthing Green Belt

Woodley got one of the least deserving title shots since Cariaso. Beat Gastellum and Stun gun with a year and a half layoff. STFU and fight Wonderboy.

leto1776 likes this.
  7. Timurd123

Timurd123 Andy Hug Belt

Wonderboy is the only guy with a good winning streak in the division, he is getting the next shot and he is taking the belt, Wood aint knocking him out

8. VB MMA

VB MMA Brown Belt

This is what I was thinking. I thought Woodley was one of those hard-nosed Fighters. Now, he is looking scared of competition.

9. Mr Jay

Mr Jay Brown Belt

I find it funny how many people are criticizing Woodley for trying to get some money fights in the twilight in his career. I can guarantee that a lot of you would gobble your bosses balls if it meant getting an increase.

10. zxyss25

zxyss25 Brown Belt

Woodley is a PRIZE FIGHTER

Woodley is going to call for whatever benefits WOODLEY the most

When Woodley part of the big money fights...he was against them

Now that they involve him...hes all for them

Its somewhat hypocritical and makes Woodley look shifty, but I understand it

11. Sampsonsimpson

Sampsonsimpson Brown Belt

He wants Diaz because he's an easier matchup for Woodley than Thompson is. If he gets more money too it's just a bonus.

12. Thuckey

Thuckey I swear to drunk.. I'm not God. Platinum Member

This is dumber than any of the shit Hunt has been spewing out, honestly.

As if Woodley could ever be part of a "big money" fight

In fact Wonderboy is more popular

Teh_Lulz7 likes this.
  13. Bones245n4847

Bones245n4847 Red Belt

Do fighters have a choice? If Dana and Joe say Wonderboy is your next opponent, I don't think he can have any say in that. They probably just strip him for ducking or sumchit, I don't think champs can duck fights.