Regarding Jones' eye pokes

In a lot of fights, if you go for the eyes.. Don't be surprised to get stomped if you lose.. Personally, I wouldn't go for the eyes.. Most street fights are over stupid shit, not worth getting put in the hospital or cemetary over

And most street fights are over after someone goes down.

You don't want to give the other person *another* reason to want to hurt you badly after you're already done. If you're going for the eyes in a real fight, it's probably because you don't think you're gonna win a clean fight; do you really want the other guy to fucking stomp you Wandy-in-PRIDE style?

lol@punching the fingers

It's painfully obvious the level of experience and intelligence around here

I noticed Jones fell back on the eye pokes when Glover started to gain momentum. I don't think Jones himself likes using eyepokes but he will use them to avoid damage.

Come on Guys lets be honest with each other...

Jon Jones had only 3 eye pokes in his entire career so how can you call him an eyepoker??? come on seriously? are you calling face palm eyepokes and illegal???

How many other fighters have had those many eye pokes?

Come on Guys lets be honest with each other...

Jon Jones had only 3 eye pokes in his entire career so how can you call him an eyepoker??? come on seriously? are you calling face palm eyepokes and illegal???

My answer to you is the last quote on my response.
For those who did not notice, I complied this exactly so I don't have to debate with those claiming "but it is only 3 eye-pokes!!!"...
Hope you will read and understand.

jones.png

Glover Teixeira: Link Here

"I don’t think it was intentional, but the referee needs to start putting some pressure on who does that," he said. "I was a little afraid to close the distance and get poked in the eye again and maybe stop the fight. The second eye poke really scared me because I thought it could hurt my eye.

"I knew I was losing the rounds but we always believe that one punch can change it, but it’s hard to do it when you have to worry about getting poked in the eye. I don’t think it was intentional, but you have to be careful with that."

Rampage:

"It should be called the illegal kick. It should be banned and it shows a lot about the fighter's character that he would throw it. How would he like it if somebody threw it at him and stopped him working for a year? I thought it was an illegal move. I think spinning elbows should be illegal too because they land on the back of the head. But I appreciate a good fight, a good scrap, I just wonder which rule fighters will bend next."

Alexander Gustafsson at the 6:32 mark.

"it's one of those things he does all the time.
I don't think he wants to put a finger in the guy's eyes.

But it's not something he can continue to do, because at the end it is not ok to point finger in your opponent's eyes

Jose Aldo: Link here

"Jones is an exceptional fighter but he plays dirty, headbutts, open hands on his opponent's face, very dangerous."

When you have an article from the media devoted on your eye-pokes, I'd think it warrants a reflection about the fact his outstretched hand does indeed increase the risk of an eye-poking. (click below on pic for link)

Bas Rutten and Miesha Tate

Miesha -
Is this a dirty strategy?
Because you get one free one before the referee warning and if you keep tour fingers opened like that, your opponent won't want to get poked again, so i wonder if this is strategy or part of his style"

Bas -
he is a very calm, relaxed and methodical fighter.
And because he is that, I have to say yes, he is a dirty fighter.

he knows exactly what he is doing at any given time, and his fingers was definitely in (Glover's) face <and for a long time>, he was constantly rubbing him in the face, so yeah, I am sorry, I have to say yes!

TO me, personally, I've heard it all.
If Jon's defenders want to be picky? then fine.
This answer symbolizes what I think and kills their standard defence of claiming he doesn't actually poke people in their eyes...all the time:

I said this in another thread in the wasteland, but it fits here.

Jones isn't a dirty fighter in terms of rule breaking, however, he does perform a lot of "Dick Moves" in a fight.

It isn't illegal to hold your fingers out in front of your opponents eyes, but it's a dick thing to do. It's not illegal to drop Lyoto Machida on his face when you've choked him unconcious, but it's a dick thing to do. It's not illegal to bitch about Vitor trying to kick your head when you're getting up from crawling out of your corner, but it's a dick thing to do.

Same as holding onto submissions when the opponent has tapped, kicking the front of the knee (but that could be me not liking that because I've hyperextended my knee and I get funny about that sort of stuff), that arm crank thing he did to Glover.

So, while he does fight to the letter of the rules, he doesn't fight to the spirit of the rules, it's a sporting contest, it's not a street fight.

i just don't wanna hear any wineing after Gus pops JJs eye

Both fighters have a free eyepoke, or they can use the free groin attack.

In a lot of fights, if you go for the eyes.. Don't be surprised to get stomped if you lose.. Personally, I wouldn't go for the eyes.. Most street fights are over stupid shit, not worth getting put in the hospital or cemetary over

Jon clearly shows you don't loose when your opponent can't see.

If Jones try to eye poke Gus, he should just kick his nuts and say "sorry, couldn't see very well with your fingers on my face".

My answer to you is the last quote on my response.
For those who did not notice, I complied this exactly so I don't have to debate with those claiming "but it is only 3 eye-pokes!!!"...
Hope you will read and understand.

Glover Teixeira: Link Here

Rampage:

Alexander Gustafsson at the 6:32 mark.

Jose Aldo: Link here

When you have an article from the media devoted on your eye-pokes, I'd think it warrants a reflection about the fact his outstretched hand does indeed increase the risk of an eye-poking. (click below on pic for link)

Bas Rutten and Miesha Tate

Miesha -

Bas -

TO me, personally, I've heard it all.
If Jon's defenders want to be picky? then fine.
This answer symbolizes what I think and kills their standard defence of claiming he doesn't actually poke people in their eyes...all the time:

Lol
Most of what you posted are not eye pokes they are just hands near a face. The Machida one is nowhere near his eye.

Also, you expect us to be shocked that Rampage wants the perfectly legal kicks that he could not defend outlawed? Use some logic Bro

Plus, I will see your Gus, Rampage, Aldo and Rutten and raise you Benavidez, Mendes, Dillashaw, Holdsowrth and Alexis Davis.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/do-fel...ve-jon-jones-tactics-make-him-a-dirty-fighter

Back