Regarding Jones' eye pokes

Charyot

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I guess there some truth in the words Bas recently spoke about Jones deliberately creating situations where fighters get eye pokes.

However - as any martial artists is taught in their first lesson - open hand styles are always susceptible for injuries, especially the way Jones holds his hands: he spreads his fingers. As a counter strategy fighters could just punch Jones fingers in order to dislocate or break one of them. Not a beautiful win, but who cares?

The whole eyepoke JBJ thing is too much already, one day, Karma is going to teach JBJ's fingers a lesson! Until that day comes, forget this guy and his damn eyepoking.

Gus definitely won't be worried about Jones' fingers, he'll be too busy beating JBJ up for 5 rds :)

Mma is not a real fight.in a real fight you go for the eyes first.real fight experience expert.

Aka I got into a real fight and responding to real situation.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing about his fingers. Someone should "accidentally" punch those fingers, or "accidentally" headbutt them, or bite them or something. Since he likes keeping his fingers in other peoples faces, this shouldn't be too hard to do, I reckon.

Also, I buy Bas' comment about them being deliberate. I have no reason to believe that they aren't.

There's an old saying from some place: Keep your long fingers from other peoples business, or they will get broken.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing about his fingers. Someone should "accidentally" punch those fingers, or "accidentally" headbutt them, or bite them or something. Since he likes keeping his fingers in other peoples faces, this shouldn't be too hard to do, I reckon.

Also, I buy Bas' comment about them being deliberate. I have no reason to believe that they aren't.

There's an old saying from some place: Keep your long fingers from other peoples business, or they will get broken.

Accidentally 'bite' Jones' fingers? There's a great way to help your career.

i'm just waiting for a fighter to come out and do the three stooges eyepoke defense against jones

could you make couple more eyepoke threads, there is not enough of them

Accidentally 'bite' Jones' fingers? There's a great way to help your career.

Well, yes. I wish someone did that. I wish I saw his fingers looking like his broken toes the next time he flails them around his opponents' eyes.

He's a great fighter talent wise. His dirty fighting keeps him from being a great champion, in my opinion. I'm sure he knows this and he's saddened about it as well, but what can I say... Dude fights dirty and isn't worthy of being called a great champ. Palhares gets cut for illegally endangering his opponents, JBJ gets a belt.

This topic is ancient already.

I'll just leave this here :)

hkuvP.gif

Dislocating fingers by punching them isn't that easy. They bend back quite a bit and and bending your wrist and/or elbow back gives them more room to move back.
They would probably get messed up if you manage to punch the tip of the finger so it gets compressed, but that's really hard to land.

Jones does them to break up combos, And to slow his opponent when he is rocked. Gus had trained for the pokes, And everytime Jones tried to poke his eyes, he dodged And punished him. Next time he will maybe train to break them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x46wcSpE-AU

Mma is not a real fight.in a real fight you go for the eyes first.real fight experience expert.

In a lot of fights, if you go for the eyes.. Don't be surprised to get stomped if you lose.. Personally, I wouldn't go for the eyes.. Most street fights are over stupid shit, not worth getting put in the hospital or cemetary over

i'm just waiting for a fighter to come out and do the three stooges eyepoke defense against jones

Would be epic....

Like on a Nate Quarry-Kaleb Starnes kind of level...

Edit: U know, the running man shit. Lol

Yay! An eye poke thread. I thought that I would never get the opportunity to talk about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back