Regarding everyone diminishing Dennis Siver

First I want to address that I'm not a Conor fan, but it really bothers me seeing people trying to ridiculize this guy, really, just because he was a tailor made matchup for Conor to get his TS.

Granted he's not a top 5 fighter, not even top 10, but he's a warrior, he got some really nice kicks, he ended Sotiropolous crazy win streak, he beat the at time contender Diego Nunes, had that crazy TKO over Paul Kelly, he's a nice, entertaining fighter yet every fighter and fans shits on him just because of El Tapo.
Nobody cares.

Always been Siver's biggest fan here. Doesn't get any credit for being the most charismatic personality in the UFC because he's not american. Won't get the respect he deserves until he's fighting with a different promotion that recognizes his gift for gab.
Really? Wow ever since Wednesday!?

Wait... is this REALLY Denis Siver??? I know that joke gets used around here alot lately, but I seriously want to know!

Surely you can't be serious......right?

i am totally serious.
all id seen is conor ko guys easy (I hadnt seen the halloway fight yet)
The porier fight happened so quick i wasnt sure what to think anout it regarding Conor,and even though Siver was not an elite fighter,he was a tough guy,and i was sure he would be harder to beat than Porier and the others..and he was. Watching conor in this one,where the guy really tried hard to take the guy down i though ok,Conor got through that,hes actually not a bad figther.

What means 'never has been very good' for you? He legitimately was Top 10 in two weight classes and is in the UFC for almost a decade or something.
He just never was a Top 5 fighter. Not like he's a bum, this special Olympics analogy is way of.
He is a pro fighter so he is much better than the average person at fighting yes. He's in the UFC so in that facet he's counted among the top competition in the world and has proved his worth. However, my analogy refers to using him as a barometer for giving a title shot. Not to him as being good enough to be in the pros. Big difference

@Dietrich Häling will have an opinion on this :)

He's one of my favourite to watch, he isn't the fastest but he's technically sound and can operate on the ground too, other than his spinning kicks my favourite moment was when he took the back of Andre Winner and trapped Andre's arm in the body lock before submitting him, he's a stud.

He's one of my favourite to watch, he isn't the fastest but he's technically sound and can operate on the ground too, other than his spinning kicks my favourite moment was when he took the back of Andre Winner and trapped Andre's arm in the body lock before submitting him, he's a stud.

I know he is one of your favs. That's why I tagged you :)
I liked the kick on Conor lol when he made him fall

Siver has 20 fights in the UFC. Not a lot of people can say that. He's just fine.

Mid-level fighter that's good enough to stay in the UFC for 9 years. There's no reason to ridicule the guy. He's had a fine combat sports career. At one point he was ranked top 10 at LW and FW.

He failed a drug test, that's a reason to ridicule the guy.

First I want to address that I'm not a Conor fan, but it really bothers me seeing people trying to ridiculize this guy, really, just because he was a tailor made matchup for Conor to get his TS.

Granted he's not a top 5 fighter, not even top 10, but he's a warrior, he got some really nice kicks, he ended Sotiropolous crazy win streak, he beat the at time contender Diego Nunes, had that crazy TKO over Paul Kelly, he's a nice, entertaining fighter yet every fighter and fans shits on him just because of El Tapo.
Only Conor fans start off posts with announcing how they are not a Conor fan

Surely you can't be serious......right?
post-41414-I-am-serious-and-dont-call-me-Kvga.gif

I know he is one of your favs. That's why I tagged you :)
I liked the kick on Conor lol when he made him fall

Regardless of how that fight went for Siver, he didn't flinch he took that punishment like a man, right up until his body gave up.

Siver is a good fighter, he should probably be fighting at BW though.

He failed a drug test, that's a reason to ridicule the guy.
Yeah, but do you know what he tested positive for? The circumstances of him testing positive?

His coach had cancer. So he brought in another one to run his camp for that fight while his coach had chemo. Helwani talked to his coach for the Mcgregor fight about his health issues. His new coach gave him different supplements and he popped for one that can be used as a masking agent (not a steroid). BUT, if you look over supplements and their ingredient listing you'll see that, that ingredient it's in a lot of weigh loss supplements. Listed. I think I found it in one that was like 7 bucks on amazon. He admitted to taking it and served his punishment. When he came back, he looked the same physically.

It's kinda unfair today where people like Tim Means, Yoel Romero get due process and get vindicated while people in the past with similar stories like Sean Sherk, King Mo etc get shit on and are presumed guilty, that they took shit with intent.

I'm not some big Siver fan, it just irks me when people tell this guy's story and not the other guy.

Siver has 20 fights in the UFC. Not a lot of people can say that. He's just fine.

Mid-level fighter that's good enough to stay in the UFC for 9 years. There's no reason to ridicule the guy. He's had a fine combat sports career. At one point he was ranked top 10 at LW and FW.
The flyweight ranking was horseshit, just saying. The UFC, and only the UFC, put him in there to pump up Conor. Not arguing with the rest of your post - at all - but he was never top ten at FW.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/7/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-77301
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/...ght-rankings-fighters-with-a-better-case-than
http://ringsidereport.net/2015/01/02/top-10-mma-rankings-january-2015/

Yeah, but do you know what he tested positive for? The circumstances of him testing positive?

His coach had cancer. So he brought in another one to run his camp for that fight while his coach had chemo. Helwani talked to his coach for the Mcgregor fight about his health issues. His new coach gave him different supplements and he popped for one that can be used as a masking agent (not a steroid). BUT, if you look over supplements and their ingredient listing you'll see that, that ingredient it's in a lot of weigh loss supplements. Listed. I think I found it in one that was like 7 bucks on amazon. He admitted to taking it and served his punishment. When he came back, he looked the same physically.

It's kinda unfair today where people like Tim Means, Yoel Romero get due process and get vindicated while people in the past with similar stories like Sean Sherk, King Mo etc get shit on and are presumed guilty, that they took shit with intent.

I'm not some big Siver fan, it just irks me when people tell this guy's story and not the other guy.
hCG is not a listed ingredient in a lot of supplements. And it's not a masking agent, it's a PCT drug, used to get your test production back up. That's why Sonnen was popped for it too after they pulled his TRT TUE.

As for it being in supplements (and this was 2 years before Siver was caught)...
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

Last edited:
Dennis Siver's all right. And you all know it, stop being dickbags.

i am totally serious.
all id seen is conor ko guys easy (I hadnt seen the halloway fight yet)
The porier fight happened so quick i wasnt sure what to think anout it regarding Conor,and even though Siver was not an elite fighter,he was a tough guy,and i was sure he would be harder to beat than Porier and the others..and he was. Watching conor in this one,where the guy really tried hard to take the guy down i though ok,Conor got through that,hes actually not a bad figther.

<mma4>

The flyweight ranking was horseshit, just saying. The UFC, and only the UFC, put him in there to pump up Conor. Not arguing with the rest of your post - at all - but he was never top ten at FW.
He was ranked number 6 at FW in 2012.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/7/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-46577

hCG is not a listed ingredient in a lot of supplements. And it's not a masking agent, it's a PCT drug, used to get your test production back up.

You're right. I remember Joe Rogan saying that it was a masking agent on his podcast. However it's used to lose weight.

Back