Regarding everyone diminishing Dennis Siver

He spoke out about McGregor in the media saying Conor shouldn't be ranked above him.

McGregor responded to this when asked by calling him a midget, german steroid-head.

This is why the UFC picked him to fight Conor.

Your AV is hilarious lol

AntiqueRadiantFlyingfish.gif

Siver is not a top fighter and never has been very good respectively. What's funny to me is he was able to make el tapo trip and fall. Beating Siver for a title shot is like playing in the special olympics to qualify for Olympic competitions.

I might make a thread like this about Karo or some other rubbish has been (siver barely was)

Of those positives u listed for Siver the most recent one was in 2012.

It's sad that people call him a bum just to discredit another fighter. That's what haters always do, though (see Anderson and Fedor).

He achieved by being tough and a true fighter, he worked his way up until to a point in the top 10 where they were simply way ahead of him, like Cerrone and Swanson, but he still took that beating from Cub like a man and came foward.
I just think people are treating him like he's Cody Mckenzie, when he's a top 15-20 dude with lots of heart and shouldn't be talked like a bum.
Totally agree, man. I always enjoyed watching Siver fight and it is horse shit how he's been talked about since losing to Conor. People act as if the guy is CM Punk or something. He's not the best out there, but he's tough and always comes to fight. He's a good mid level fighter.

This is the problem i think, siver is world class and top ranked for over a decade in the sport; he never became the ufc world champion at least not yet and therefore he is shit.
Who says kawajiri couldn't grind out connor?
Siver lasted longer than aldo angainst an oversized opponent etc plus connor is the world champ and undefeated in fw figths.

Fighing is his craft and he is one of the best in the world.
Right now connor i the champion and no one has had that type of one sided beatdowns that connor put on on his way to the title

Always been Siver's biggest fan here. Doesn't get any credit for being the most charismatic personality in the UFC because he's not american. Won't get the respect he deserves until he's fighting with a different promotion that recognizes his gift for gab.

AntiqueRadiantFlyingfish.gif

Siver is not a top fighter and never has been very good respectively. What's funny to me is he was able to make el tapo trip and fall. Beating Siver for a title shot is like playing in the special olympics to qualify for Olympic competitions.

What means 'never has been very good' for you? He legitimately was Top 10 in two weight classes and is in the UFC for almost a decade or something.
He just never was a Top 5 fighter. Not like he's a bum, this special Olympics analogy is way of.

This is fighter bashing 101. No monitoring of fighters who have left their heart on the floor getting discredited even if they're a big part of the reason why the UFC is successful at all. Shame.

Surely you can't be serious......right?

And Mcgregor fans wonder why they are continually mocked in this forum and perceived to be delusional when it regards Mcgregor. And HHJ is a silver belt, he should know better.

Congrats on your belt change, man.

And Mcgregor fans wonder why they are continually mocked in this forum and perceived to be delusional when it regards Mcgregor. And HHJ is a silver belt, he should know better.

Congrats on your belt change, man.

I think HHJ was trolling. Haaaa

Thanks man. You are due for a promotion as well.

I can't believe the hate for Siver. No one understands what he's done for the sport, maybe because he isn't american. go to europe and talk shit like this about siver. No one there would stand for it. Give the man some respect.

Granted he's not a top 5 fighter, not even top 10, but he's a warrior,

Siver was a top 10 FW fighter by the time he fought Conor. Fact!!

It's just the ridiculous Sherdog trolls who come up with different sh1t every day to discredit all of Conor's great wins.

He achieved by being tough and a true fighter, he worked his way up until to a point in the top 10 where they were simply way ahead of him, like Cerrone and Swanson, but he still took that beating from Cub like a man and came foward.
I just think people are treating him like he's Cody Mckenzie, when he's a top 15-20 dude with lots of heart and shouldn't be talked like a bum.
He's talked about like a bum because all these computer chair fighting champions know a scrub when they see one. There has to be thousands of men competing at FW around the world. Dont you know being top 20 among thousands in one of the most difficult sports ever is unimpressive and pathetic?

Wow lots of hate for Siver because he lost to Conor? Siver was a solid top 10 fighter at times, no reason and try to discredit him. Conor fought him on his way down getting older. Also I think Conor would have beaten any version of Siver there is no reason to say he is a bum. Solid fighter most MMA or UFC fighter wont make it to his level.

Back