Regarding everyone diminishing Dennis Siver

ElCasca

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First I want to address that I'm not a Conor fan, but it really bothers me seeing people trying to ridiculize this guy, really, just because he was a tailor made matchup for Conor to get his TS.

Granted he's not a top 5 fighter, not even top 10, but he's a warrior, he got some really nice kicks, he ended Sotiropolous crazy win streak, he beat the at time contender Diego Nunes, had that crazy TKO over Paul Kelly, he's a nice, entertaining fighter yet every fighter and fans shits on him just because of El Tapo.

Siver isn't that good.

It's not the UFC'S fault, get over it.

Conor calling him a Nazi was weird though...

I honestly thought that despite being stylistically favorable as an opponent for Conor,Denis Siver is a tough guy,and beating him is what made me look at Conor like he might be something. Before that fight i wasnt sure if Conor was for real.

You say beating gsot like it's supposed to mean something. Now that dude is trash. No idea how he beat lauzon. Siver was never any good and honestly overachieved throughout most of his career imo. When he fought top contenders he always got smashed.

I honestly thought that despite being stylistically favorable as an opponent for Conor,Denis Siver is a tough guy,and beating him is what made me look at Conor like he might be something. Before that fight i wasnt sure if Conor was for real.

Surely you can't be serious......right?

You say beating gsot like it's supposed to mean something. Now that dude is trash. No idea how he beat lauzon. Siver was never any good and honestly overachieved throughout most of his career imo. When he fought top contenders he always got smashed.
He achieved by being tough and a true fighter, he worked his way up until to a point in the top 10 where they were simply way ahead of him, like Cerrone and Swanson, but he still took that beating from Cub like a man and came foward.
I just think people are treating him like he's Cody Mckenzie, when he's a top 15-20 dude with lots of heart and shouldn't be talked like a bum.

I agree with ElCasca. He isnt that good but he definitely deserves more credit. He has great kicks and he is durable.

But hey, sherdog gonna sherdog.

7oWlvO1.jpg

mcgregor%2B1.gif

Conor%2BMcGregor%2BKnockdowns%2BDennis%2BSiver%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B59%2BBoston.gif

I agree, I just think is not his fault the UFC made this match up and find it really bad for even his fellow fighters treat him like a bum

He spoke out about McGregor in the media saying Conor shouldn't be ranked above him.

McGregor responded to this when asked by calling him a midget, German steroid-head.

This is why the UFC picked him to fight Conor.

Last edited:
He achieved by being tough and a true fighter, he worked his way up until to a point in the top 10 where they were simply way ahead of him, like Cerrone and Swanson, but he still took that beating from Cub like a man and came foward.
I just think people are treating him like he's Cody Mckenzie, when he's a top 15-20 dude with lots of heart and shouldn't be talked like a bum.

Now cody was an absolute bum. Siver is not. Iok at siver as a stepping stone for young up and comers and as a bounce back for the top 15. A stepping stone in to the top 15 for a young kid. And a stepping stone for a vet needing to get back in to title contention. You're right he is very tough and displayed good skill with striking

The UFC isn't a pity charity. Some people will be on top while others will not. In this instance Denis Silver has never been on top.

Everybody has a role to fulfill. Denis Silvers role is to put on exciting fights and pad records. I don't see a shame in that at all

Siver isn't that good.

Siver has 20 fights in the UFC. Not a lot of people can say that. He's just fine.

Mid-level fighter that's good enough to stay in the UFC for 9 years. There's no reason to ridicule the guy. He's had a fine combat sports career. At one point he was ranked top 10 at LW and FW.

I didn't know people were talking about Dennis Siver in any capacity ?

Anybody who made it in the UFC as long as siver aren't bums. Bunch of keyboard warrior naive kids who would tremble in the presence of a real MMA fighter let alone call them a bum. Kids on sherdog don't know shit

He's a solid UFC fighter overly praised by too many connor fanboys and shit on by too many haters because of one fight/one match-up and when it happened to occur. Good ole sherdog.

Back