1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Regarding Benavidez

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by arabian_matrix, Nov 12, 2020.

1. arabian_matrix volk 3, 4, 5

any word from him, is he retired? if not any news or updates from him. I think if he still wants to fight he should fight askarov.

thoughts?.

2. Dorkman Silver Belt

Thought I remembered him mentioning taking 1 more fight so not to go out on a note like he did against fig. But couldn't cite where I actually heard that from or whether it's true.

3. Kdup Black Belt

Remember when figureido murdered him? Joey B better fight a step down or step out. He can be top 10 but flw is so lite. Set him up vs Tim Elliot.

4. arabian_matrix volk 3, 4, 5

I think a fight against askarov would be beneficial for both, as with a win askarov beat a legend in the division and it sets him up for a title-shot. and if joey wins he can ride off into the sunset beating a crazy hyped prospect.

Kdup likes this.
  5. Only Here for Attachments Bacon Lettuce and Mayo

They should bring back Darren Uyanomanoyoma or whatever his name was

6. IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

he was a very good fighter, just not a great. every fighter can't be great. he probably has made decent money. if i were him, i'd retire now while my fighting record is still decent. it would be even worse if he not only didn't win a title, but then strung his career along with a ton of losses.

7. MirRocksFedor Brown Belt

He already won, he destroys Meghan every night.

8. MirRocksFedor Brown Belt

Yeah he should leave and make no money because of his "record".... LMAO are you an idiot. Make that money, while you can!

9. KID Yamamoto PREMIUM DYNAMITE

He said he wanted a retirement fight and then thats it. I always liked Joey B. Sherdog gets mad because Megan has a thing for short guys and we are all 6'10 300 pound alpha males.

Duck Dodgers likes this.
  10. IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

no one here is an idiot. at least i don't think you are. this is about priorities. some people value their image and reputation above money. if you want to get your ass kicked over and over for money, go for it. i'm talking as if i were in his position now. so i stick with what i said.

arabian_matrix likes this.
  11. FIghtxIQ Black Belt

Options are limited now over covid and lockdowns - with a 2nd nationwide lockdown being discussed and will most likely be implemented. That has destroyed small business nationwide and job loss for millions. Not just small business but lot of business had to shut down so that affects "engineers" as well. With no real end in sight or a real projected recovery for the economy you can expect that to get worse. So you will have a lot of people that worked their whole life for something, lose it over covid and lockdowns.

VaselineSweep likes this.
  12. SoberAwakening Red Belt

"Always the bridesmaid and never the bride." There's not another person this applies to better than Joe B.

13. Mesos Black Belt

meh even good is a stretch. Flyweights a weak division so its alot of can smashing basically. Dude makes basic fundamental mistakes. Like charging with head for example lol. That alone has cost him so many times and he still kept doing it smh.

Yeah he was never going to be champ so hes better off retiring no point in taking more shots to the head

14. BRASIL WAND Banned Banned

Is he even awake yet?

[​IMG]

15. Kwic Red Belt

He needs like... 12 fights win streak, all by KO in first round before I'm even remotely interested in seeing him fight with F., that's how big of an ass whooping that was.

16. MirRocksFedor Brown Belt

Grow up kid.

He's a grown up and can make decisions, the hard ones, where you do something you don't like because it makes your family's life better. You want him to be a BETA CUK like yourself, but it won't happen. GET A JOB.

VaselineSweep likes this.
  17. IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

lol, look at the way you type. and you're the one calling me a kid? i don't want him to do anything lol. i am speaking as if i were in his position, and what i would do. yeah, protecting my health and looking for other ways to make money makes me a, "beta cuk" i guess. lol, you seriously have strange ways of looking at things.

MirRocksFedor and VaselineSweep like this.