Regarding Aldo: You need a minimum of 6 months to recover from a concussion.

serr

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
We see this over and over again. Guys don't rest, they come in, they get knocked out again. Chin is now glass and their reaction time and power is all worse.

So let's put this to rest. Aldo is not a pussy for not taking this. He respects Conor and wants to be healthy for the fight. If he took the fight he would be concussed, and not be 100%. Idiots would watch the fight, which would definitely have a little bit of a fight in it, but Aldo would lose and probably get knocked out again. Now people would say McGregor is definitely better and first fight wasn't a miracle/bad gameplan/etc.

We see this with Cro Cop, people call fighters pussies for not taking fights, but when you get guys like Cro Cop, who's entire UFC run was tainted by injuries (probably most injured guy in UFC), who still take fights and underperform, people say they're trash.

All of you need to understand how retarded you are. Encouraging this fight to be made.

most of the problem is because he was just saying a few weeks ago that he is training in case there needs to be a last minute replacement. now they need a last minute replacement and he changed his tune

Dude talked the talk and when it was time to walk the walk, he sat down. If he knew he couldn't step in for RDA, he shouldn't have said he would.

Gotta respect McGregor, he backs up his talk.

TS you're the one posting with an extra chromosome.

Aldo was running his mouth to get the fight, even claiming to be training for this very such occasion. Stop acting like we're pulling Aldo out of the hospital bed.

TS you're the one posting with an extra chromosome.

Aldo was running his mouth to get the fight, even claiming to be training for this very such occasion. Stop acting like we're pulling Aldo out of the hospital bed.
It's his coach pressuring him not to fight.

It's his coach pressuring him not to fight.
Daddy Dede has the ultimate say I guess.

I liked Aldo as champ, I enjoy seeing complete MMAists at the top of the sport. But this opportunity isn't going to come again. I still think he should take the fight and grapple, like he should have done the first time.

Sounds like something brazialians doctors would say.

Everybody reacts differently to a concussion, the depression they go through, sensitivity to light, dizziness, etc. There is no time table for it, it's a case by case thing at this point.
No two people react the same, I have seen numerous football players be absolutely wrecked unconscious and they came back the next week or two and performed very well.
I have had a few concussions in my day and I would say that it usually took me around a week or so to get back to where I felt comfortable enough to push my heart rate high and not get dizzy.

We see this over and over again. Guys don't rest, they come in, they get knocked out again. Chin is now glass and their reaction time and power is all worse.

So let's put this to rest. Aldo is not a pussy for not taking this. He respects Conor and wants to be healthy for the fight. If he took the fight he would be concussed, and not be 100%. Idiots would watch the fight, which would definitely have a little bit of a fight in it, but Aldo would lose and probably get knocked out again. Now people would say McGregor is definitely better and first fight wasn't a miracle/bad gameplan/etc.

We see this with Cro Cop, people call fighters pussies for not taking fights, but when you get guys like Cro Cop, who's entire UFC run was tainted by injuries (probably most injured guy in UFC), who still take fights and underperform, people say they're trash.

All of you need to understand how retarded you are. Encouraging this fight to be made.

Well said, and to think the UFC actually called Aldo's team and sought him out for an immediate replacement speaks volumes about how few fucks they give about their fighters. The guy got concussed in rapid fashion and then took a shin bone to the dome via Big John M, and 3 months later they want him back in the ring for a fast weight cut and zero prep time.

Back