Refusing to spot someone

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Have you ever asked anyone for a spot and they say no? Or have you been asked and refused to do it for someone else?

inconceivable.jpg

I always do it when asked if I am in between sets but would it hurt some people to throw a breath mint in their mouths once in awhile. Especially spotting a bencher..

I never refused anyone in my life but I have been refused. Once I asked a chick to spot me on the bench and she said ok but then she said the weight is too heavy. Understandable.

Basic bro etiquette, brah. If a bro needs some assistance, it is your moral obligation to oblige said bro. Be sure use such bro phrases as "Bro, its all you, bro", "bro, Didn't even touch the bar then bro". "Bro, two fingers, bro. Two fingers, brah, its all you"

Basic bro etiquette, brah. If a bro needs some assistance, it is your moral obligation to oblige said bro. Be sure use such bro phrases as "Bro, its all you, bro", "bro, Didn't even touch the bar then bro". "Bro, two fingers, bro. Two fingers, brah, its all you"

Decent attempt at humor but your lack of knowledge about bro culture is evident in your interchangeable use of bro and brah. Bros don't say brah.

I dont spot anyone, id rather not get involved in others routines. Also some guy on the smith machine asked me for a spot. I didnt know if he was serious. He was, he asked the front desk guy next.

I asked a guy to spot me once and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I had to explain the whole thing to him, then he just walked off as soon as I had finished racking the weight. He didn't even know to call me bro.

Decent attempt at humor but your lack of knowledge about bro culture is evident in your interchangeable use of bro and brah. Bros don't say brah.

Bro, I'm the biggest Brah around this joint.

What do Bros say?

Bros say bro. Brah is commonly used in hip hop culture. Bros aren't interested in that association.

They are over here. Well, at least all the little chavs use brah, bro, bruv, cuz.. etc. And as far as I'm aware, they're into all that hip hop, grime and whatever Bros listen to.

They are over here. Well, at least all the little chavs use brah, bro, bruv, cuz.. etc. And as far as I'm aware, they're into all that hip hop, grime and whatever Bros listen to.
Chavs are not bros. They're stealing the terminology. I understand that they are the kind of people that like to steal things? Please reference www.broslikethissite.com for a fuller understanding of what the American university bro culture is. As far as I know that is where bro culture has its roots. Brobible is ok as well but the first site I listed was the beginning a guidline for bro life where I'm from. It's also hilarious.

I dont spot anyone, id rather not get involved in others routines. Also some guy on the smith machine asked me for a spot. I didnt know if he was serious. He was, he asked the front desk guy next.

I had a guy ask to spot him on a smith machine. I was doing seated OHP but really wanted to make sure that he could roll the bar to get it to catch on the safeties when he was done.

I should mention that he was pressing 3 plates for 4 reps. I don't blame the guy, I'd rather not have 315lbs crashing down on my lap.

I had a guy ask to spot him on a smith machine. I was doing seated OHP but really wanted to make sure that he could roll the bar to get it to catch on the safeties when he was done.

I should mention that he was pressing 3 plates for 4 reps. I don't blame the guy, I'd rather not have 315lbs crashing down on my lap.
Why not?

You don't like big girls?

Chavs are not bros. They're stealing the terminology. I understand that they are the kind of people that like to steal things? Please reference www.broslikethissite.com for a fuller understanding of what the American university bro culture is. As far as I know that is where bro culture has its roots. Brobible is ok as well but the first site I listed was the beginning a guidline for bro life where I'm from. It's also hilarious.

I'll take a look at that, American bros are obviously the true bros. The plastic gangsters over here are a bunch of wannabe pussays.

don't smith machines have those stoppers on the sides to catch the weight if you drop it? The ones at my gym do.

I never refused anyone in my life but I have been refused. Once I asked a chick to spot me on the bench and she said ok but then she said the weight is too heavy. Understandable.

Does it matter if the weight is too heavy? I mean most people only need a spotter to lift maybe 10 or 20 lbs and then the lifter can handle the rest.

I think people think that spotters would need to be able to lift the entire weight as if the lifter was going to suddenly drop it or something. I think if a lifter drops the bar there is no single bro that's going to be able to catch it in time.

I have never been refused a spot, i have however numerous times explained to a random bro not to help me with the weight and only to interfere when the bar is going down and i obviously cant keep an upward momentum, for said bro's to assist me on my very first rep with 2 fingers 2 seconds later.
I count these refusals to not be an idiot as refusals to spot me.

Back