Refusing a drug test should result in disciplinary action

They can test him with no license. They can not release the test results though, although they maybe have changed that.

After the Vitor incident they were pretty pissed they could not release the results (because Vitor failed) and were looking at how to change it so they can do so in the future.

It's still not 100% positive that Vitor even failed the drug test. And even if he did, every single shred of information we have says that he only failed it because he was on TRT, but did not have a licence for it yet. So if he did fail the test, it literally means nothing because everyone knew he was on TRT

Yeah I'm not a fan of wand no more

Forget about all the wars he gave us

Forget about he actually stood and traded with Liddell and made that fight live up to the hype

Idiots

15ehkjs.png

It has been common knowledge that most fighters are probably on something or at minimum most people would not be surprised if they are. Even Weidman said as much, who normally tries to not get in the middle of much. And I don't remember any shock or outrage when that story came out. People already pretty much figured that.

So now we have a specific name out of probably the vast majority and we are gonna go all self-righteous on him?

Cheating isn't fair or safe for the other fighter. You get caught juicing you gotta pay the piper. But just because it comes after Wand came off looking bad on TUF and is at the end of his career isn't a reason to look down on him and his whole career. I have a lot of respect for the guys that play it straight. But I also know I have been a big fan for a long time of a sport that I knew most fighters probably have bent or broken the rules. If I was so morally outraged by it then I should have stopped watching it and supporting it years ago right? As fans we can't have it both ways. Just saying

It has been common knowledge that most fighters are probably on something or at minimum most people would not be surprised if they are. Even Weidman said as much, who normally tries to not get in the middle of much. And I don't remember any shock or outrage when that story came out. People already pretty much figured that.

So now we have a specific name out of probably the vast majority and we are gonna go all self-righteous on him?

Cheating isn't fair or safe for the other fighter. You get caught juicing you gotta pay the piper. But just because it comes after Wand came off looking bad on TUF and is at the end of his career isn't a reason to look down on him and his whole career. I have a lot of respect for the guys that play it straight. But I also know I have been a big fan for a long time of a sport that I knew most fighters probably have bent or broken the rules. If I was so morally outraged by it then I should have stopped watching it and supporting it years ago right? As fans we can't have it both ways. Just saying

Actively fleeing the drug testers removes any pretense of pretending it was an accident (bad beef claim by Contador), false positive, or something the doctor gave him without his knowledge, so the fans can be quicker to pile on because the fighter has essentially given them full permission to do so.

I know he has to apply, but until he actually applies Nevada has no right to test him, he's not a fighter under their jurisdiction.

But what happened to "anyone with a brain can pass a drug test when they know when it is."(cycle) With your logic there should be no random tests. Only during camp, when he is under their jurisdiction (being licenced.) We can't have it both ways..
Bottom line.. it's either completely random testing or p.e.d. use... ufc's choice.

But what happened to "anyone with a brain can pass a drug test when they know when it is."(cycle) With your logic there should be no random tests. Only during camp, when he is under their jurisdiction (being licenced.) We can't have it both ways..
Bottom line.. it's either completely random testing or p.e.d. use... ufc's choice.

I see no reason why the UFC can't test fighters themselves, why is it that the commission must do it? There's no rule that stops the promotion from implementing their own random drug tests.

And a license lasts a year, the commissions can require that fighters be licensed in the state 3 months before a fight if they want. Then they can test them randomly during that time.

I see no reason why the UFC can't test fighters themselves, why is it that the commission must do it? There's no rule that stops the promotion from implementing their own random drug tests.

And a license lasts a year, the commissions can require that fighters be licensed in the state 3 months before a fight if they want. Then they can test them randomly during that time.

well, your post clearly illustrates why there is so much confusion in this whole thread.

is this thread about how people WISH drug testing (and subsequent penalties) were? or is it about what drug testing (and subsequent penalties) currently exists?

currently most AC's test. some more than others. and AC's dish out penalties. UFC historically has LOVED not having to deal with any of that.

as you suggest, nothing (as in, no law) is stopping them from doing MORE than AC's....other than time, money, and a long list of bullshit and headaches. why should they subject themselves to that unnecessarily? well, obviously there had better be good reason. and what they would gain is legitimacy. so the $1,000,000 question is, would the benefits outweigh the costs and headaches?

shrug. obviously Zuffa doesn't think so yesterday or today. maybe tomorrow they will.

regardless, TS wrote a shit thread. he WILL be disciplined....by the group that does the testing and disciplining.

maybe he MEANT that the UFC should also punish him, and/or the UFC should have a policy in place instead of willy nilly punishing some but not all abusers. and the awfully vague OP caused many pages of subsequent awful responses.

Last edited:
well, your post clearly illustrates why there is so much confusion in this whole thread.

is this thread about how people WISH drug testing (and subsequent penalties) were? or is it about what drug testing (and subsequent penalties) currently exists?

currently most AC's test. some more than others. and AC's dish out penalties. UFC historically has LOVED not having to deal with any of that.

as you suggest, nothing (as in, no law) is stopping them from doing MORE than AC's....other than time, money, and a long list of bullshit and headaches. why should they subject themselves to that unnecessarily? well, obviously there had better be good reason. and what they would gain is legitimacy. so the $1,000,000 question is, would the benefits outweigh the costs and headaches?

shrug. obviously Zuffa doesn't think so yesterday or today. maybe tomorrow they will.

regardless, TS wrote a shit thread. he WILL be disciplined....by the group that does the testing and disciplining.

maybe he MEANT that the UFC should also punish him, and/or the UFC should have a policy in place instead of willy nilly punishing some but not all abusers. and the awfully vague OP caused many pages of subsequent awful responses.

I don't think the group that does the testing can do anything to discipline him for missing the test other than not allowing him to fight. He doesn't have a license there, and apparently didn't even apply for one.

Actively fleeing the drug testers removes any pretense of pretending it was an accident (bad beef claim by Contador), false positive, or something the doctor gave him without his knowledge, so the fans can be quicker to pile on because the fighter has essentially given them full permission to do so.
I agree there is not really much doubt as to why a fighter would refuse a test. And he has nobody to blame but himself for any fallout because of it. I'm just saying we watch this sport knowing most are dirty. We hope our favorite fighters aren't and when someone removes even the possibility they are one of the clean ones it kinda sucks. So I can understand the disappointment. I guess I'm just thinking about if we have given ourselves much room to complain when we watch and support a sport that we know most involved probably cheat. It definitely makes it easier when we don't know for sure. But we all pretty much know the score.

And this is common in many sports. With the money involved and the level of competition a lot of athletes will do whatever they can to get an edge. I think most fans, myself included, prefer the illusion that its the ones that cheat who are the exception. But we know realistically its probably the other way around. That doesn't make it right of them any less guilty. But as fans we almost fit the definition of enablers. I do think most fans would love it if everybody was clean. But knowing what we know, how surprised or mad can we really be when someone shatters the illusion?

I agree there is not really much doubt as to why a fighter would refuse a test. And he has nobody to blame but himself for any fallout because of it. I'm just saying we watch this sport knowing most are dirty. We hope our favorite fighters aren't and when someone removes even the possibility they are one of the clean ones it kinda sucks. So I can understand the disappointment. I guess I'm just thinking about if we have given ourselves much room to complain when we watch and support a sport that we know most involved probably cheat. It definitely makes it easier when we don't know for sure. But we all pretty much know the score.

And this is common in many sports. With the money involved and the level of competition a lot of athletes will do whatever they can to get an edge. I think most fans, myself included, prefer the illusion that its the ones that cheat who are the exception. But we know realistically its probably the other way around. That doesn't make it right of them any less guilty. But as fans we almost fit the definition of enablers. I do think most fans would love it if everybody was clean. But knowing what we know, how surprised or mad can we really be when someone shatters the illusion?

Yeah, there was once a time when I believed the US track program was clean and all those other nations were dirty cheaters because they couldn't keep up with us.

Initially thought Lance Armstrong was clean and most of the accusations were because he was an arrogant jerk, too, so I'm guilty as charged. Nothing really surprises me any more (waiting for Usain Bolt to get popped), which is the saddest part of all the cheating, I think.

Back