Refusing a drug test should result in disciplinary action

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I say make it consistent with failing a test

I can't see how anyone can be a Wandy fan after this incident.....

Refusing a drug test shouldn't result in any action from the commission if a fighter doesn't have a license with them. NSAC should not be testing fighters that aren't either licensed to fight in Vegas or haven't applied for a license.

With that said, UFC should cut Wand, he's a washed-up fighter anyway.

Because making a mistake doesnt instantly erase everything you've ever done. I agree he should be punished, but it doesn't make me any less a fan.

Refusing a drug test shouldn't result in any action from the commission if a fighter doesn't have a license with them. NSAC should not be testing fighters that aren't either licensed to fight in Vegas or haven't applied for a license.

Wand is the one who has to apply for the license to fight in Nevada, no one else is gonna do it for him. That's the way it's been done all along

I say make it consistent with failing a test

I can't see how anyone can be a Wandy fan after this incident.....

Lets be honest. Wand being on the juice would be/is hardly surprising

Rio Ferdinand from Manchester United missed a drug test back in 2003, and they suspended him for the entire season. Wouldn't be surprised if Wanderlei is either fined or suspended....but wouldn't be surprised if neither of which happened.

The commission will probably fine him for blowing the test off, leading to the UFC giving him around a 6 month suspension. But who the fuck really knows what the UFC will ever do regarding this stuff.

this, so no more fights for Wand in Nevada, i doubt the UFC can use him as a fighter in the future....

Yeah I'm not a fan of wand no more

Forget about all the wars he gave us

Forget about he actually stood and traded with Liddell and made that fight live up to the hype

Idiots

Wand is the one who has to apply for the license to fight in Nevada, no one else is gonna do it for him. That's the way it's been done all along

I know he has to apply, but until he actually applies Nevada has no right to test him, he's not a fighter under their jurisdiction.

Yeah I'm not a fan of wand no more

Forget about all the wars he gave us

Forget about he actually stood and traded with Liddell and made that fight live up to the hype

Idiots
Yeah still a Wand-fan here.

Isnt it already treated as a failed test?

If you refuse or miss a drug test you should be banned for the same length of time as you would if you had tested positive for a banned substance.

Lets be honest you don't refuse it when they turn up at your gym and your going to fight in the state soon unless your using something,which is hardly a surprise in wands case.

Don't want to fighter bash but when dana did his epic rant at the journalists about who he should test and they all just sat there quiet my list would be

Vitor
Wand
Hendricks
Lombard
Woodley

So hardly a surprise for me

I could care less if fighters take steroids or TRT.

Doesn't make them super human and they can all still be beat just the same.

well he had a sheduled fight in nevada, so the commission shouldn't have to wait for a "last day" application.

i think he should be treaded as if he had a licence and should be suspended for a year.
same goes for vitor with his shit a few month ago

Im still a fan but he has seriously gone down in my estimations. If you are blatantly refusing and random drug test you are clearly hiding something. Wand is obviously juicing otherwise he would have taken the drug test with no questions asked. I hope the UFC punish him for this. Just because he is a legend doesn't mean he cant be treated like the rest of the fighters.

I don't think the commission should be testing fighters who aren't licensed, but they should be allowed to say that a fighter has to apply for a license 3-4 months in advance of a booked fight. Wand was either trying to game the system by getting his license as late as possible to avoid testing, or he never had any intention of fighting.

I think there are only two reasons Wand would have skipped out on the test:
1) He is on PEDs and was expecting to flush before being tested.
2) He is on some sort of meds for the TUF incident that will cause him to fail the test.

I'll reserve judgement until Wand makes a statement to explain himself.

Well you've definietely earned the best thread / suggestion of the day award.

EDIT: But the olympic testing is suppose to be the strictest out there and you can reject testing a few times during training! Remember when Serena Williams locked herself in a panic room when they came to test her? Ridiculous...

I know he has to apply, but until he actually applies Nevada has no right to test him, he's not a fighter under their jurisdiction.

Sure they do. You can tell because that is exactly what they do. there jurisdiction includes anyone who ever wants to fight in nevada again.

I think there are only two reasons Wand would have skipped out on the test:
1) He is on PEDs and was expecting to flush before being tested.
2) He is on some sort of meds for the TUF incident that will cause him to fail the test.

I'll reserve judgement until Wand makes a statement to explain himself.
the TUF incident was around January ...

Back