Refused to give up window seat to a kid

You should have told her you were resting your head on the plane window or her boobs, so make a move, magn.

end of story.

You can pick your seats in advance, or they could have requested one when they checked their bags and picked up their boarding passes. I'd assume most kids would want to look out the window, I don't know why the parents wouldn't think of that in advance, especially if it's the kids first time on a plane. Who doesn't enjoy window seats?

If I'm tired, wanted to sleep, and am traveling alone a window seat is key, unless my neighbour is a hot woman who doesn't mind the head of a complete stranger slumped over her shoulder. Plus you don't get bothered by people needing to go to the bathroom. If it's a short flight and I don't plan on sleeping I would have probably given up my seat, but I don't think you're wrong or any sort of asshole for refusing. It's not like you did so just to be a dick, you had a legitimate reason.

I don't have a problem with them politely asking, but if you respond politely with a "I've had a long trip and really need to catch up on sleep, I'd prefer the window seat to rest my head, and also so I'm not disturbed by people in my row needing to use the bathroom" that doesn't make you an asshole. If they give you any attitude after that fuck them. Next time use your brain, plan ahead and book a window seat for you kid instead of guilt tripping a complete stranger.

Because if you're hungover and tired, you can put a sweater against the window/wall of the plain to use as a pillow and fall asleep on it.

If your plan is to sleep, then window seats are money.

That I can start to understand... But TS should have just done what every other dude with a hangover that has an early flight does.

Two hair of the dog shots and some greasy fast food at the airport.

I don't have a problem with the initial request and don't have a problem with you saying no.

I probably would have offered him the window for the last 20 mins for the landing.

Agreed man. Actually something similar happened to me like the TS.

You see after my buddy got married in Vegas, I booked a ticket home with a window seat. Like the TS I was pretty hungover but it wasn't gonna be a long flight and I could get some sleep. This annoying punk kid was sitting next to me and kept kicking the chair of the person sitting in front but his bitch ass parents weren't doing anything about it. Then he turns to me and demands that I give him my seat - "give me you seat mister!", I politely told him that I paid for this seat and that I'm very tired and am about to go to sleep. He throws a tantrum but I offer him my headphones since he didn't have any so he could watch a movie but he kept calling me a dick and asshole, I told him he shouldn't use that kind of language. Then this punk's dad tells me to stop shut up, I told him to keep his spawn under control then he tells me not to tell him how to raise child, then I tell him if he'd raised him properly I wouldn't have to.

This got HIM furious and he lunges at me, the plane wasn't full so I managed to get out of my seat, hop over to the next one and get out to the isle where this guy followed me. I was drunk but I can still throw hands, and connect with a 1-2 combo and he tries to take me out with a Roy Nelson-esque telegraphed overhand right. I slip the punch and destroy him with an uppercut (similar to the one Sanchez landed on Melendez) and he's out like a sack of shit. Then all of a sudden I hear "stop this is the Air Marshal!" and he pulls his gun out, I'm thinking "oh shit" then all of a sudden I hear a familiar voice "oh no you don't!" and I see my good friend Nicolas Cage come charging at him and he knocks the Air Marshall out cold, takes his badge and informs the passengers that he will be the Air Marshall for the rest of the flight and is met with cheers and applause. Nic Cage then invited me to first class where we had some champagne, did a line of coke and I told him about what happened.

shenanigans. isnt it like a crime to assault an air marshal? bet he was air marshal 50 cent

see zero problem w/ this, that was your seat. they should've A) bought a window seat for the kid, or if it was open seating B) families generally get to go first, and if not, get their ass to the front of the line. proper planning.......

shenanigans. isnt it like a crime to assault an air marshal? bet he was air marshal 50 cent

Yeah but then he became the Air Marshall rendering the prior acting to not be illegal.

i actually had an abhorrently fat person sit next to me one flight. he was overflowing into my seat, comandeering the entire armrest, and a good 1/3 of my AO. I kinda just gave him a look, and he looked at me like i was ate up, and said "you're skinny, you don't need that whole area"........

Murica

i actually had an abhorrently fat person sit next to me one flight. he was overflowing into my seat, comandeering the entire armrest, and a good 1/3 of my AO. I kinda just gave him a look, and he looked at me like i was ate up, and said "you're skinny, you don't need that whole area"........

Murica

lol

Murica

Lol. I recently lost about 25 pounds, makes flying a whole lot easier let me tell you.

Yeah but then he became the Air Marshall rendering the prior acting to not be illegal.

so whatcha tellin me is nick cage assaulted a soon to be air marshall who happened to b 50 cent

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

seems legit

Agreed man. Actually something similar happened to me like the TS.

You see after my buddy got married in Vegas, I booked a ticket home with a window seat. Like the TS I was pretty hungover but it wasn't gonna be a long flight and I could get some sleep. This annoying punk kid was sitting next to me and kept kicking the chair of the person sitting in front but his bitch ass parents weren't doing anything about it. Then he turns to me and demands that I give him my seat - "give me you seat mister!", I politely told him that I paid for this seat and that I'm very tired and am about to go to sleep. He throws a tantrum but I offer him my headphones since he didn't have any so he could watch a movie but he kept calling me a dick and asshole, I told him he shouldn't use that kind of language. Then this punk's dad tells me to stop shut up, I told him to keep his spawn under control then he tells me not to tell him how to raise child, then I tell him if he'd raised him properly I wouldn't have to.

This got HIM furious and he lunges at me, the plane wasn't full so I managed to get out of my seat, hop over to the next one and get out to the isle where this guy followed me.
I was drunk but I can still throw hands, and connect with a 1-2 combo and he tries to take me out with a Roy Nelson-esque telegraphed overhand right. I slip the punch and destroy him with an uppercut (similar to the one Sanchez landed on Melendez) and he's out like a sack of shit.
Then all of a sudden I hear "stop this is the Air Marshal!" and he pulls his gun out, I'm thinking "oh shit" then all of a sudden I hear a familiar voice "oh no you don't!" and I see my good friend Nicolas Cage come charging at him and he knocks the Air Marshall out cold, takes his badge and informs the passengers that he will be the Air Marshall for the rest of the flight and is met with cheers and applause. Nic Cage then invited me to first class where we had some champagne, did a line of coke and I told him about what happened.

tumblr_myrk01ilTR1rqebf2o1_500_zpspw1zdqno.gif

So long as you were polite about it, you did nothing wrong

Why didn't you just tell the family that you wanted to rest your head on the window?

I would have said if he wants the seat for the last 20 minutes so he can watch the plane descend I will let him have it for that. But I was on a stressful business trip, not some vacation like you guys are doing. It's not like I pushed him out of the way to grab a fly-ball at a baseball game. He easily could have had a window seat, you just didn't feel like paying a few extra dollars to guarantee him a window seat. If you expect a stranger to be more concerned about your kid's happiness than his own parents maybe you need to start there for what the problem is. I guarantee that would have shut them the fuck up

Back