Refused to give up window seat to a kid

Do you even travel,bro ?

Window seat is much better for sleeping than the aisle.

Also, the mere fact that he didn't feel like giving his seat for whatever reason is enough to refuse. Period.

Yea anyone who travels know window seat is the best. If I was really as tired as the TS was saying then yea I wouldn't give it up and I would explain that I was up all night and need my sleep. If I wasn't tired I would have made the dad give me his seat I'm not sitting in the middle.

Do you even travel,bro ?

Window seat is much better for sleeping than the aisle.

Also, the mere fact that he didn't feel like giving his seat for whatever reason is enough to refuse. Period.

Yes, I do travel. I flew just about a month ago; with two children. Seat to me doesn't matter when trying to sleep, although I don't sleep that well on planes anyway. Either way, TS could weighed the benefits of staying or switching, seems like not all options were considered.

If he felt that sitting in the window seat next to a riled up kid was better than an aisle seat with no kid, then he's certainly within his right to keep his seat.

I would have told the father I'd switch places with him to take his aisle seat, and he can switch with the brat. Then I would have proceeded to pretend to be asleep in said aisle seat, block both of my aisle mates path to the bathroom for the entirety of the flight.

Yea I don't give a shit about someone sleeping on the aisle. I'll bump your knees and go to the bathroom. I'll crawl over you if I have to. Window sear is always superior period. I don't know who these people are who refuse to go to the bathroom when someone is sleep with an aisle seat but I've never seen them.

You should have replied "you know what's even more bizarre logic? The logic of 'he's a kid, give him whatever he wants'"

This. Parents who expect complete strangers to give their kids whatever the hell they want (window seat on an airplane/train, home run ball that the stranger caught, etc.) are a special kind of asshole.

It's one thing to politely ask (though even that can be a little ridiculous. If you wanted a window seat, book a flight with a god damn window seat) but to get all indignant when the stranger, who doesn't owe their kid a damn thing, politely declines is ludicrous. The world doesn't revolve around your 7 year old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back