Refugee & HUFFINGTON POST columnist BLAMES WOMEN FOR GETTING RAPED in Cologne

Except for the spelling mistake his original tweet in the OP doesn't contradict itself at all. In fact it is the kind of argument some of these people use "they should not be alone late at night", "they didn't dress right" BUUUUUUT on the other hand muslims/refugees also have to behave...

But why would the refugees have to behave themselves if its only the fault of the woman?

Please explain why you think he contradicts himself within the tweet?
wtf, he does NOT contradict himself at all, that's why his tweet makes sense, what are you even talking about?
If he didn't mean to say "most of the time it's the women's fault", why in God's name would he introduce his second thought 'refugees should behave' with an 'on the other side'/'however'.
It's this typical form of victim blaming followed by 'well but the refugees still shouldn't do it'.
And that's disgusting, period.

Oh yeah also can you immediately tell the guy doesn't speak German as its first language based on that tweet?

wtf, he does NOT contradict himself at all, that's why his tweet makes sense, what are you even talking about?
If he didn't mean to say "most of the time it's the women's fault", why in God's name would he introduce his second thought 'refugees should behave' with an 'on the other side'/'however'.

Yes that is what I mean, if its only the woman's fault why does the behavior of the refugees matter? Why do they have to behave it doesn't matter if its only the woman's fault.
Why would he introduce that refugees have to behavior if it doesn't matter because its always the woman faults no matter the behavior of the refugee. It could be bad or good but it doesn't matter because its always the woman fault.

But why would the refugees have to behave themselves if its only the fault of the woman?
Well he did not say that at all, he said "meistens" which easily translates to "mostly". Then he goes on and says the reason why they are *mostly* at fault, because "Nachts alleine zu sein", "being alone at night". So he already told us that they are mostly at fault and the reason for it.

"Andererseits sollten sich die Flüchtlinge benehmen" is such a weak statement in that context it's ridiculous. And it doesn't contradict his two statements before, not at all.

He might as well have said that the women are at fault but the refugees deserve a little bit of blame too. That's exactly what his shit tweet says/means. Or "they shouldn't have raped them but it's mostly the women's fault".

And no by that tweet it is not obvious that it isn't his native language, there are many german retards that type way worse tweets.

Deffid is right and I do not agree with snake's view on this.

I only wonder what we are discussing here. Some blogger's misogynistic views? Isn't it obvious Islam has a problem there?

Well he did not say that at all, he said "meistens" which easily translates to "mostly". Then he goes on and says the reason why they are *mostly* at fault, because "Nachts alleine zu sein", "being alone at night". So he already told us that they are mostly at fault and the reason for it.

"Andererseits sollten sich die Flüchtlinge benehmen" is such a weak statement in that context it's ridiculous. And it doesn't contradict his two statements before, not at all.

Fair enough he means mostly that was my mistake I shouldn't have said always.
It just doesn't make any sense because in case of the cologne attack those woman weren't alone at night.

He might as well have said that the women are at fault but the refugees deserve a little bit of blame too. That's exactly what his shit tweet says/means.
Yes but it still doesn't make much sense. Specially when you check the rest of his twitter. He talks about other female refugees getting sexual abused in their own home.
http://www.huffingtonpost.de/aras-bacho/fluechtlinge-sexueller-uebergriff-schutz_b_13495698.html
Most of his opinion are rubbish but he seems to be pretty clear on sexual assault.

And no by that tweet it is not obvious that it isn't his native language, there are many german retards that type way worse tweets.

I mean on a native speaker level. Those retarded German would not speak on a native level German if they write tweets like this guy. I just had to look at that tweet and knew straight away he was a foreigner.

I only wonder what we are discussing here. Some blogger's misogynistic views? Isn't it obvious Islam has a problem there?

I was complaining about no research being done on the initial picture. The guy apologized that he meant to say the attacker is always at fault.
If you check his twitter and other article you can see how in case of sexual assault he does not hold the view that the woman is at fault.
That based with his bad German made me say that guy made a mistake in the tweet.

Fair enough he means mostly that was my mistake I shouldn't have said always.
It just doesn't make any sense because in case of the cologne attack those woman weren't alone at night.

Yes but it still doesn't make much sense. Specially when you check the rest of his twitter. He talks about other female refugees getting sexual abused in their own home.
http://www.huffingtonpost.de/aras-bacho/fluechtlinge-sexueller-uebergriff-schutz_b_13495698.html
Most of his opinion are rubbish but he seems to be pretty clear on sexual assault.

I mean on a native speaker level. Those retarded German would not speak on a native level German if they write tweets like this guy. I just had to look at that tweet and knew straight away he was a foreigner.

BTW:

I'm talking specifically about this one tweet and consider nothing else, because that was why you guys tagged me in right? Plus I won't read a fucking HuffPo article, no click from me for these shit heads.

I don't have and barely read on twitter, but even if I just read some tweets about football there are germans that make way more mistakes lol.

Also consider:

As a pretty pragmatic person, one could argue that you can look at the crime and who is at fault seperately. He COULD be against these rapes but still blame women for it you know?

I'm talking specifically about this one tweet and consider nothing else, because that was why you guys tagged me in right? Plus I won't read a fucking HuffPo article, no click from me for these shit heads.

Well my initial response was complaining about posting a picture copied from some website without doing any research on that.
The guy apologized and meant to say the attacker is always at fault. And checking a few more tweets and article from him he posted before it lead me to believe he just did a mistake.
The TS could have find that out by just googling his name.

hi and good afternoon, JDragon,

i'm not sure this is soley an issue with Islam - it's not just this teenager blogger's view that seem rather archaic, the idea of victim blaming (which all boil down to, basically, "she was asking for it") for sexual assault is pretty pervasive.

The mayor of a German city where scores of women were allegedly threatened or assaulted on New Year’s Eve is facing criticism for comments she made about the attacks.

you've got the mayor of Cologne;

According to the Guardian, Cologne Mayor Henriette Reker said women should avoid standing too close to strangers or traveling alone to avoid being assaulted.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/henriette-reker-cologne-attacks_us_568e3723e4b0c8beacf5c164

you've got British public opinion;

54% of the women surveyed said victims were partially responsible for their rapes. Of those who believed this, 71% said someone was to blame for rape if she got in bed with her rapist. A third said she'd be at fault if she dressed provocatively or went to a man's house for a drink, and 13% would blame a victim just for dancing sexily or flirting.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1251040/Rape-Its-fault-victims-say-50-women.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dailymail/home+(Home+|+Mail+Online)

heck, there are folks in the United States who feel this way;

Recently, conservative radio host and Fox News contributor Laura Ingraham suggested that encouraging girls to dress modestly could help us avoid things like rape and misogyny.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/0...pe-by-teaching-girls-to-dress-modestly-audio/

i guess one way of looking at it is; alot of folks have a bit of "Syrian teen" within them, when it comes to their point of view on this topic.

- IGIT

Last edited:
It's this typical form of victim blaming followed by 'well but the refugees still shouldn't do it'.
And that's disgusting, period.

hi ho there Mr. lecter,

what's interesting to me is that i found the young Syrian blogger's point of view not much different than what you find in evangelical/conservative circles here in the United States.

Mothers with young girls will do them a real favor by teaching them while little to learn to dress in modest apparel. It just may keep your unmarried daughter from being raped or getting pregnant out of wedlock.
https://biblicalproof.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/christian-biblical-attire/

in both cases, it's a rigid adherence to religious doctrine (whether its Islamic or Christian) that encourages this kind of victim blaming - and i find it unfortunate - but its something you tend to find in conservatives, no matter what the religion happens to be.

- IGIT

Oh yeah also can you immediately tell the guy doesn't speak German as its first language based on that tweet?

But you don't need to speak a language as your mother tongue in order to get your point across in that language.

Huffington Post = Fake News + pathetic rape sympathizers

y0x2ji.jpg

The actual translation is even worse: It's not "mostly the women's fault" but "most of the time it's the women's fault".
This guy looks mentally unstable. He probably has no clue how to behave around women. I'm guessing he's some dorky power tripping Muslim?

But you don't need to speak a language as your mother tongue in order to get your point across in that language.

Yes but it also much easier to make a mistake or say something wrong. I remember doing that when I learned English.
But I am of the opinion that it was an error based on his apologie other tweets and articles. Not solely based on his tweet.

Back