Refs need to be a little closer to the action

Redman092000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For example why was Herb Dean on the other side of the octagon during the Blaydes vs Lewis fight ? Blaydes could have been killed that night from those 2 hard extra punches after he was knocked out from Lewis . I think refs need to be closer , right up on the action to avoid situations like the Blaydes knockout

discuss

For example why was Herb Dean on the other side of the octagon during the Blaydes vs Lewis fight ? Blaydes could have been killed that night from those 2 hard extra punches after he was knocked out from Lewis . I think refs need to be closer , right up on the action to avoid situations like the Blaydes knockout

discuss
Ok Karen

Yeah

We need more fighters running into refs

Would like to see refs getting clipped inadvertently by haymakers and roundhouse kicks, too
Would be awesome to see herb dean at the end of a highlight reel ko

discuss
You come across like everything that's wrong with the world today.
Hunting for shit to complain about and grossly exaggerating your 'what if' argument to make a situation sound way worse than it was.

But to answer your question, the ref has to give them room to fight.

I still suggest that this would all be solved with a hand held button that plays a buzzer just like at the end of a round or even cause a change in lighting.

They'll get in the way if they are too close.

LOL

like a week earlier Herb Dean was too close to the action, remember?

Yeah

We need more fighters running into refs

Would like to see refs getting clipped inadvertently by haymakers and roundhouse kicks, too
And when the referee is down fighters are allowed to break the rules, cornermen can jump in and use the stool as a weapon until the referee regains consciousness.

discuss
In that instance yes. I thought that also- Herb was WAY across the Octagon. He should have been closer for the safety of the fighters.

That hasn't been as much of an issue in other fights though, it took Herb longer to close the distance than is usually the case in fights. Usually it's more of an issue around standing there and watching it for too long before stepping in, or stepping in too soon. I think Herb just made a mistake in that fight.

discuss
tenor.gif

discuss

Herb doesn’t feel like he’s earned his money if a fighter doesn’t leave in a body bag.

In that instance yes. I thought that also- Herb was WAY across the Octagon. He should have been closer for the safety of the fighters.

That hasn't been as much of an issue in other fights though, it took Herb longer to close the distance than is usually the case in fights. Usually it's more of an issue around standing there and watching it for too long before stepping in, or stepping in too soon. I think Herb just made a mistake in that fight.

It took herb litterally ONE SECOND to get there. Yeah, def could have been way faster.

I feel like refs do a pretty good job overall. Most fighters would rather be given late stoppages than early ones as well. People just are crying over not being perfect, you can't expect a ref to see a fighter knocked out when they are in takedown position. Herb isn't perfect but he's one of the top refs in every ref rank thread this decade.

Back