Refs asleep on the job!

Stan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Holy shit first Herb "Sleeping"Dean stopping the fight 7-8 seconds after the fighter was put to sleep.
Now Kim "Sleeping Winslow completely clueless that the fighter went out 8+ seconds after he goes out.
These refs need to be retrained as to what to do to check to see if the fighter is out or not. Every second counts these fighters could suffer brain damage due to these refs sleeping on the job.

Agreed. Constricting the blood flow for that long can be harmful as shit. Kim Winslow is the sport's most dangerous woman.

In Herb's defense, the way Bubba's arm stiffened up it looked like was trying to push down on the leg to break the guard.

In Herb's defense, the way Bubba's arm stiffened up it looked like was trying to push down on the leg to break the guard.

The guys arm went limp then as you said his arm stiffened up but so did the rest of his body including his legs which means he's out. Herb is supposed to be a professional ref he should know the signs of someone being out. Hell he's had plenty of quick stoppages with people he thought were KO'd but weren't he should know when someone is totally out.

Winslow is scary....Was is her in the King Mo and Larkin fight,,,Larking was eating unanswered blows and Mo was pissed after,,,Joe Warren vs Curran was nasty...Pete Sell vs Matt Brown probably changed sell forever..

And it also looked like his head was just about to pop out.

Or, you know, just maybe the person applying the hold, a trained martial artist who knows how deep his hold is and what a limp body feels like, has a little respect and releases the hold? I know that seems to have become a foreign concept in modern MMA, and I'm not absolving the ref of responsibility by any means, but come on.... Same with post-knockout blows. I have the utmost respect for the fighter who recognizes that he's KO'd his opponent and holds off on the extra shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back