Reflecting on the Fury vs Wilder trilogy

If the white fighter didn't get 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds while knocked down Wilder wins 2 of 3.
not-this-shit-46e6aab759.jpg

well he is in a position where he needs to fight a couple of genuine contenders as he’s running out of time with his age. I certainly don’t begrudge him a step down after his last 2 fights. Hopefully this means he is gonna take the tougher challenges. I’ll never claim to be a fan of wilder but there are so many fights I’d like to see him in. The only fights I’m not really interested in are another fury rematch he and usyk, as we know how they play out
Lol if you want to see him in so many fights I think that makes you a fan.

I think the Usyk fight could be fun, just to see how Usyk would deal with that kind of power. and find where Wilder sits in relation to the rest of division. Admittedly, there are more fun stylistic matchups, like AJ or Ruiz, but Wilder's huge reach advantage, size, aggression and awkwardness may make it interesting. Unlike AJ, Wilder would bring it to Usyk like Chisora did, would not be afraid to go out on his shield. I think losing the extra muscle will help his cardio alot too.

Personally I’m not sure that works for wilder. He’s even less versatile than Joshua and he likes to fight at range to get the most out of his right hand. Can he fight that way proficiently, because it could be embarrassing if not. I think he’d be better keeping it long and trying to catch usyk coming in. He’s longer and quicker than Joshua so there’s a chance he lands it

don’t get me wrong, I’d certainly watch the fight, but I’d prefer him going to war with Joshua, Whyte, Ruiz. Even guys like hrgovic and Joyce would be really interesting and explosive fights. Like I said in my last post, I’m not a fan of wilder, but I’m probably more interested in those matchups than anyone else at HW

Lol if you want to see him in so many fights I think that makes you a fan.

Id he cheering against him in every fight, but I want to see competitive fights at the end of the day. wilders lack of fundamentals, coupled with his explosive right hand means everyone of those fights is potentially competitive

it was good for the sport and it was worth watching, I wouldn't put it up there with Ali-Frazier, not even close, but it was entertaining.

If the white fighter didn't get 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds while knocked down Wilder wins 2 of 3.
if Wilder wasn't a dumbass boxer and went to the neutral corner like he is suppose to do he wouldn't of caused the "long count"

Absolutely great thread!!!! Thank you for making this thread and the content that you put into it!!! Tyson Fury really is an ATG fighter and I do not think that he is losing anytime soon. I would love to see him fight Usyk, Whyte and Joe Joyce next!!!

Ironically the same people will also claim Wilder would steam roll AJ which just emphasises what a big mistake going the Fury route was.

I always thought Wilder would flatten AJ and I still think that.

I always thought Wilder would flatten AJ and I still think that.
AJ has better boxing and almost as much power. I think it's just as likely he connects on Wilder as the other way around. If Fury can stop Wilder then AJ definitely can. To my mind it's a 50/50 fight. What is very likely is that one of them is going to get KO'd.

AJ has better boxing and almost as much power. I think it's just as likely he connects on Wilder as the other way around. If Fury can stop Wilder then AJ definitely can. To my mind it's a 50/50 fight. What is very likely is that one of them is going to get KO'd.

No doubt AJ is the better and smarter boxer, but he doesn't have Wilder's chin and he doesn't have Fury's ability to recover. I know he got off the canvas from Wlad but I just don't see him surviving Wilder and I think he will eventually get hit and put on queer street.

Not saying he can't win, but I'd put big money on Wilder.

No doubt AJ is the better and smarter boxer, but he doesn't have Wilder's chin and he doesn't have Fury's ability to recover. I know he got off the canvas from Wlad but I just don't see him surviving Wilder and I think he will eventually get hit and put on queer street.

Not saying he can't win, but I'd put big money on Wilder.
Wilder's chin? Didn't look that great to me against Fury who is not known to be that much of a puncher. Wlad is one of the biggest HW punchers of all time and power is the last trait to go as a fighter. Wilder has speed on his side but technique can overcome speed. Joshua didn't recover vs. Ruiz but he did recover vs. Wlad, so the jury's out on his recovery as far as I'm concerned.

Back