Referee counting when the guy is out

Yeah he gives the 9 and waves it before the guy could get up....i think if you go that far just give the guy 10

But at the same time you're right...don't wait that late. I was taught to make eye contact with ref while taking a knee to get your wits about you, then get up at 8. No later or else you're risking it.

He did the right thing in making sure to make eye contact with ref so he sees you're not all foggy and shit....but he kept sort of acting like his body was hurt? Do you see what i mean?

Really difficult to judge. In pro boxing every second counts and also playing hurt can be a viable strategy to finish the opponent. Know of several fights were one opponent played the hurt victim to perfection and then overwhelmed the opponent with crisp short counters after restart.

Problem in this case is imo that the ref did not count him out like he should have. Its called a 10 count for a reason and even a retard ref should be able to do that. Simply a mistake by the ref maybe because of adrenaline.

It's interesting b/c my gut tells me if you knock a guy out and he's down unconscious then you should just wave it. But I believe the rule is you have to let them have a chance to wake up and recover until the 10 count is over. I think if someone is obv knocked out to the ref, then he can call it right there and then, no issue. But at the same time I've seen guys get ko'd cold. wake up, get up by 10 and keep going.

Fury/Wilder is a good example of that. A bad example is Donaire/Montiel where the dude looked like he had a seizure on the ground and Mora still allowed him to get back up only to get mauled for 2 secs and stopped again. That was a koty candidate that somehow the genius Russell Mora allowed to keep going for no reason. On the other hand, Fury in his own words was out until around 4 secs into the count and was somehow able to zombie himself up and survive the rd.

So basically, idk. If they're obv out then call it right there and then, if you're not sure, keep counting, I guess. Never get up later than 8 if you can help it, that's just asking for the ref to count you out.

Fury wasn't out cold dude. I can say that with all certainty having experience of being knocked out clean in the ring. You can not recover that fast from a full concussion. And you can see he was absolutely fine at the end of the 10 count. I know Fury has said he was out, but does anyone really believe anything he says?

Fury wasn't out cold dude. I can say that with all certainty having experience of being knocked out clean in the ring. You can not recover that fast from a full concussion. And you can see he was absolutely fine at the end of the 10 count. I know Fury has said he was out, but does anyone really believe anything he says?
He said yesterday he is wanking 7 times a day (no joke)......do we recon that’s true??

He said yesterday he is wanking 7 times a day (no joke)......do we recon that’s true??

people tend to pick and choose what they want to believe with fury! It’s laughable , he’s clearly on a constant winde up. So he said he was out cold? He also said he gave his whole wilder purse to charity. No one believes that!

people tend to pick and choose what they want to believe with fury! It’s laughable , he’s clearly on a constant winde up. So he said he was out cold? He also said he gave his whole wilder purse to charity. No one believes that!
I know its hilarious what he comes out with and how he says it as well.....natural showman / entertainer

Mind you. He did say the other day he masturbates seven times a day. That one I can believe!

@RDL81 Sorry man. Didn’t notice you’d just posted about Fury’s five knuckle shuffle above.

Last edited:
What's wrong with this count? He goes to 9, and then waves it when he's about to count 10.
He should have said "10" but ultimately it doesn't matter, once you get to 10 it's over, hence why he called it.

sometimes fighters jump up at 10.5 and feign indignation.

It is funny and senseless, but unfortunately, rules are rules...

Back