Ref pulling Woodley away from Till - Instructions from Dana?

It was out of character for Dan. Someone definitely told him something.

Dans a clumsy ref sometimes.
If Dana could control the refs Mazzagati would have been gone way earlier and same with Yves.

If Khabib get's the same treatment Aoki got vs Melendez, Conor has an easy victory ahead.

What was funny about that event with Aoki vs Melendez was that they let Shields lay on Henderson forever.

I'd buy into this, but he separated them again later when it was Till pressing Woodley against the cage. Just odd reffing.

Obviously that position doesn’t benefit Till of course he’d break it up

DC unfortunately conforms to the racial stereotype of the "Uncle Tom" to avoid the racism from social media.

The racial part of the MMA community make up petty reasons on why they don't like Woodley just so they can't admit to themselves they are just racist.

Stay mad that justice prevailed against racism and fight fixing between Woodley and Till at UFC 228

Wow! I can't even.... So DC is an "Uncle Tom" now? Keep on digging yourself further down your hole. Loser.

Just to play devil's advocate, Tyron didn't make it look like he was going for a take down, leg tangled a couple times like he wanted a trip. To his credit he probably didn't want to break posture and open himself up to knees/elbows

He was working though, and trying to tie up till’s leg. He might have had the wrong leg, but Woodley was actively trying something.

I would be curious to hear Dayna’s thoughts if mirgloiota stood or separated Conor and khabib is khabib was working for a takedown for longer than Woodley was.

I thought it was too quick, it certainly gave that "huh" feeling watching it.

Also as mentioned Refs have been doing similar separations a bit more frequently.

I know that is tinfoil hat crazy but that was first thing that came in my mind after ref did separate them. <{afrobol}>
I should smoke less...

Have people considered that Dan has never been the most consistent ref in the business?He also doesnt even work for UFC

It certainly appears that inactivity was not going to be tolerated in this fight. Whether that favored any one fighter is debatable, but the easiest explanation of this is simple. Both Till and Woodley had 4 snoozers: 3 against Thompson and 1 against Maia. They couldn't afford for it to happen. They mention something about stalling and inactivity being a point of emphasis to the athletic commission. Till and Woodley both get reset early in stalled out clinches.

seems like they wanted a standup fight with till preferably winning. No wall and stall. In the standup till is supposedly the better striker. As a tyron fan, I must say though, it wasn't a bad decision in truth. he did pull till away too when he reversed and clinched tyron.

I fully expect the same reffing in Khabib vs Conor. It wont help Comor though, as if he gets clinched by Khabib, the ref wont have time to save him. I though Woodley had Till against the cage clinched(dominate position) and was trying to work a few strikes and level changes when he got broke up. T is the champ and was working the position, would have eventually got Till to the ground im sure. Ref was probably told to seperate if its getting boring to make it more exciting or to give Till a chance. More likely just in hope of making the fight more exciting because of the past twood boring fights. Clinches were both over 30 seconds but it wasnt wall and stall.

He was working though, and trying to tie up till’s leg. He might have had the wrong leg, but Woodley was actively trying something.

I would be curious to hear Dayna’s thoughts if mirgloiota stood or separated Conor and khabib is khabib was working for a takedown for longer than Woodley was.
I wasnt agreeing with the separation, just trying to figure out his logic. I don't even know if there was a warning

I wasnt agreeing with the separation, just trying to figure out his logic. I don't even know if there was a warning

The logic escapes me.

I saw it and thought it was really quite odd.

I don’t recall any other fights of his with quick resets or stand ups, but I might take a look.

I hope he is the ref for khabib and Conor.

It drives Dana White to near madness that The UFC WW champ has recent loss to a Bellator fighter. It makes it hard for him to pretend that The UFC has "the best" fighters in the world.

What the hell was that? What are the odds that ref was so quick to break up Woodleys ACTIVE attempts at a takedown without hearing Dana say in some back corridor "I sure hope there's no stalling tonight"?

If Khabib is separated from Conor like that there will be one thousand conorspiracy threads on here, and rightly so. Never seen such a blatant orchestration of how a fight must proceed as last night, Tyron should demand an investigation.

If there is any conspiracy involving Khabib it should be the fact that Raging Al only threw about 8 total punches in the whole fight and maybe two combinations.

Back