Reevo R9 Warhammer Sparring Glove Review 16oz.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by Taskmaster99, May 24, 2014.

1. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

Whats up all.....TM99 back with another review.

This will be on the Reevo Warhammers. I purchased these from a member on the forums here who goes by the name dat1978. Let me start by saying that he was an A+ to deal with. Excellent communication throughout the whole process. Thank you dat1978....you are one of the good guys!!!

I bought these a few weeks ago and have been my sparring glove at the gym since they arrived. I won't comment on the price I paid but they retail for about 60 to 70 bucks from what I have seen recently. These were brand new according to the seller and they looked it. Very clean. They also came in a nice mesh bag which has been useful for transporting the sweaty gloves home.

Here is a link to the site:
    http://www.reevomma.com/index.asp

Lets take a little look:

Construction
    ----------------
    All leather. The leather is fairly nice with no real imperfections. Not too thin but not too thick....kinda floating in the middle. The liner is your typical satin type liner. The stitching is decent. Didn't notice any real flaws there. The wrist strap is a double like hayabusa. The main is leather while the "safety" is double sided velcro attached to elastic. It does have a grip bar which is very comfortable and allows for a good fist. The thumb attachment is leather as well. The graphics are fairly well done and have held up so far. There are vent holes on the palm located in a straight line by the finger area. These are labeled as a 16 oz and when weighing them they came in at 15.9 oz.

Fit
    -----
    Nice comfortable fit with 180" and 200" hand wraps. Not too snug. More form fitting if anything. Quite compact for a 16oz sparring glove. The thumb sits in a very comfy position. The wrist is short but well covered. Opening the palm and making a fist was very simple due to these having an already broken in feel.

Padding
    ----------
    Soft padding. These are able to spar right away. No break in time needed.

Performance
    -----------------
    These are sparring gloves but I had to do a couple of bag rounds for the hell of it. The padding is soft but still protects very well on the bag and does provide a nice pop. The double wrist support does a good job securing the wrist so going 100% shouldn't be an issue. Now onto sparring......my partners actually have commented on these gloves and how they like to get hit by them. Just enough denseness to wake them up but soft enough to where I have gotten no complaints. The compactness makes it nice to slip in and land a shot. The only downfall I have is the need for more vent holes. I found these gloves to get steamy after awhile. No problem....the liner dried very quickly with the help of glove dogs.

Conclusion
    -------------
    I like these gloves and am glad I made the purchase. No I didn't pay retail for them....but probably would pay the 60 to 70 for these depending on how they hold up over time. Looking on their site....Reevo doesn't have a whole ton of selection....but would like to see more in the future from this company. The mesh bag...while simple...is a very nice addition to buying these. No more stuffing the sweaty gloves in the gym bag until you get home.....throw these suckers in the mesh bag and head on.

Thanks everybody who took the time to read this and once again thanks to dat1978 for making the deal with me. Comments always appreciated and welcomed.

*Now I have not yet added this to any of my reviews...but now is a good start. If I get it wrong...I apologize...lol*

For those who don't like to read (@ClampXVII)

+Leather quality
    +Stitching
    +Graphics
    +Fit
    +Compact feel
    +/- Wrist support(Good if you like dual straps/bad if you don't)
    +/- Weight(Good if you can live with it being a hair off/bad if you are anal and want these to be exact)
    +/- Price (some may be good with the price/others may feel it is overpriced)
    - Ventholes(needs more to cool down)

Here are some pics for you all to enjoy with some alone time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jaime81

Jaime81 Green Belt

Thanks for the good review.

3. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

Thank you my friend. Still have one more review to put up.....and yes...its another Bad Boy product...lol.

4. milliniar

milliniar Who needs a belt?

also to note for Canadians Reevo is a Canadian company so you can buy direct from reevo's website and not get any customs charges. Though they could probably use less expensive shipping.

5. StRatoCastR

StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

Good review I like this one. I don't know much about the company but their design looks similar to r2c deluxe mim safety strap

6. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

nice review! glad that you like them and i found them a good home!

7. StRatoCastR

StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

keep the reviews coming TM99!

8. ironwolf

ironwolf Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Nice review.

9. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

Thanks all. I really do like these. In fact if I see a pair pop up on MMAHQ....i might buy them again but in black.

10. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

Actually I'm going down to clear my storage unit out this week and I may have a pair in there. If I do I'll let you know, haha. i know I have some shinguards and stuff I still need to sell.

11. lolmit

lolmit Orange Belt

this is boxing company or mma ?

12. Harukaze

Harukaze Brown Belt

MMA company from Canada.

13. lolmit

lolmit Orange Belt

thanks homie !

14. nodferatu

nodferatu Drilling in the south

I had a pair of these a few years ago. I liked them a lot. Then the owner of the gym I was previously at stole them from me and gave them to his girlfriend. Dick

15. Harukaze

Harukaze Brown Belt

Should have taken care of HER with your lack of gloves, then! ...If you catch my drift. :icon_twis :icon_surp

16. Jaime81

Jaime81 Green Belt

Boom.

17. KaanEra

KaanEra White Belt

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just ordered a 16 oz pair of these.

At $39.00 CAD, it was too good of a deal to pass up. If the TS is still around I wanted to see if these gloves are holding up well. I recently hurt my wrist and am starting to feel a pain in my knuckles when using my current training gloves, so I bought this for good hand protection and wrist support in mind.