Reems knees would murder Cain...

Cain's gameplan against Overeem will be to spam takedowns. What else would he do?

He'd have to be careful of catching a knee coming in and in the clinch Reem should ragdoll him.

I noticed it too TS.

He would get kneed to the liver then to the face for sure.
He better start working on this or he is gonna get KOed in the first but I htink he is clever and will prepare specifically for those knees

Reems knees would murder Cain IF Cain fights Reem the same way he fought Dos Santos.

Which he won't.

Silly, silly thread.

Pressuring him constantly with quick strikes and movement (Cigano's much faster than Overeem), tiring him out (Cigano has much better cardio than Overeem), and using single legs to drop him on his head (where Overeem has shown a pattern of quitting early when things go bad and he's on the bottom)...

Sounds like an ideal gameplan to me.

What ppl do not understand is that Cain is the worst matchup possible for Reem. Reem has bad cardio ( for a fighter his class ) and very mediocre wrestling ( again for a fighter his class ).

Overeem has better wrestling and BJJ than JDS. Overeem will use crushing knees and punches against Cain.

Cain wont know how to deal with a fighter like Overeem. Its only a matter of time.

You guys should really start professional gambling, you seem so sure of yourselves. I think by now we should realise anything can happen in mma, the more well matched the fight is the harder it is to predict, they are all world class fighters. Lets wait and see before someone makes a thread saying bautista is the next hw champ

Yeah a guy that goes ape from the moment the bell rings, moves forward, and puts an INSANE amount of pressure on the people he fights, against a guy that has a VERY proven history of folding completly when you put pressure on him.

Overeem is in there with a punchers chance, Cain by demolition.

Cain should just steal Hominick's "Machine" nickname because Cain truly is the MACHINE of the UFC.

first sherdog keyboard warriors were like: JDS THE GOAT NO CHANCE FOR REEM OR ANYONE!

now sherdog keyboard warriors are: CAIN THE GOAT NO CHANCE FOR REEM OR ANYONE!

sherdog is a place full of rednecks and children who believe that the ufc has all the talent, rest are noobs, they believe that only few take roids ( hahaha biggest joke ever) and they believe that the current ufc champ is immediatly he gets the belt is the goat!

^This. Sadly, there's a large degree of truth to it. So many bandwagoners on here. They all doubt the minority opinion feverishly and when their picks get dethroned they jump ship and hop on board a new vessel.

I'm a massive Cain fan and i will hold my hands up and say that Overeem's knees are seriously scary.....they're a big threat to Cain.

Cain changes levels all the time and Overeem is very good at catching people with knees.

But i'm sure Cain will adjust his training accordingly.

Overseem would be broken by Cain's pace.

He doesn't have half the heart of dos santos

Back