Reems knees would murder Cain...

HollandRules

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Like the title says, AO would knock Cain out with knees to the body.
Cain was clinching against the fence too much, leaning forward the whole time. Good knees to the liver would make him collapse. And Reems knows how to work that body.

Cains doesn't go for a plum, he gets under/over hooks and bores in. Not a lot of room for reem to knee him. Plus a knee would open overeem up to single legs.

Like the title says, AO would knock Cain out with knees to the body.
Cain was clinching against the fence too much, leaning forward the whole time. Good knees to the liver would make him collapse. And Reems knows how to work that body.

...........you can't knee somebody when you're clinched up against the fence you dipshit. You need space to shift your hips backwards.

...........you can't knee somebody when you're clinched up against the fence you dipshit. You need space to shift your hips backwards.

Dipshit? Ay gamisou malaka!
Reem would turn away to make room so he can sweep his hips and knee backward. Its not like he has never done it...

Reem would turn away to make room so he can sweep his hips and knee backward. Its not like he has never done it...

Cursing someone out in Greek isn't going to garner much support.

And by the way, what makes you think Velasquez is going to use the same strategy for Overeem, as he did for Dos Santos? In mma we have this thing called a "game plan" and it involves changing your techniques for individual opponents.

And by the way, what makes you think Velasquez is going to use the same strategy for Overeem, as he did for Dos Santos? In mma we have this thing called a "game plan" and it involves changing your techniques for individual opponents.

Cain's gameplan against Overeem will be to spam takedowns. What else would he do?

I wonder why people think he'd fight the same against Reem as he did against JDS?

I wonder why people think he'd fight the same against Reem as he did against JDS?

Because it suits thier narrative.

Plus, it's much easier and takes very little understanding of martial arts to picture a fighter as a selection of discreet examples. To picture and evaluate a fighter independent of specific examples requires being able to understand the fighters skillet, how thier skills fit with the art, and by necessity the art itself itself.

This is why someone will take an example to prove fighte x is a bad striker but when pushed wont be able to explain technically what fighter x does.

No. Alistair Overeem would have little to no chance against Cain or JDS. 90/10 Cain, 80/20 JDS.

He would have a slightly better chance against Carwin. But I still think Carwin would knock him out. 70/30 Carwin. He could possibly beat Mir or Nelson. 50/50 shot in both cases. Werdum would also probably beat him in a rematch. 60/40 Werdum.

He should beat Bigfoot though. 65/35 Overeem.

I'm really not sure Overeem is a top 5 HW. Actually I'm sure he's not.

first sherdog keyboard warriors were like: JDS THE GOAT NO CHANCE FOR REEM OR ANYONE!

now sherdog keyboard warriors are: CAIN THE GOAT NO CHANCE FOR REEM OR ANYONE!

sherdog is a place full of rednecks and children who believe that the ufc has all the talent, rest are noobs, they believe that only few take roids ( hahaha biggest joke ever) and they believe that the current ufc champ is immediatly he gets the belt is the goat!

No. Alistair Overeem would have little to no chance against Cain or JDS. 90/10 Cain, 80/20 JDS.

He would have a slightly better chance against Carwin. But I still think Carwin would knock him out. 70/30 Carwin. He could possibly beat Mir or Nelson. 50/50 shot in both cases. Werdum would also probably beat him in a rematch. 60/40 Werdum.

hahaha. haters gonna hate. put jds or cain in a k1 ring. they wouldnt last a round with low tiers. so what could they do to reem in a mma match with smaller gloves and allowed thai clinch ( forbidden in k1) reems punches are harder and his clinch gam is the best in hq. take him down? cain? he would eat knees to the facee tryin to take him down. jds box with reem? :icon_lol: he was outboxe by cain. reem has faced better standup as he has faced better grappling competition.

we will talk again when reem has crushed your "goats" . there is nothing that they have against him.

Any other heavyweight will have trouble with Cain's cardio. I think Reem will have to land a shot in the first round. If he doesn't, he'll gas... I want to see it though!

Overeem will be stuffing TDs from the second the bell rings. He will tire out fast and get stopped by Cain in the second round if he doesn't put him away fast in the first. That's about the only chance Reem will have; sink in one of those nasty guillotines and finish the fight with pure strength or get the KO either with a vicious knee or punch. If the fight goes out of the first round, Reem is done and Cain will finish him - unlike with JDS.

Then he wouldn't be pressed against the cage.

Dude you really are exaggarating.

hahaha. haters gonna hate. put jds or cain in a k1 ring. they wouldnt last a round with low tiers. so what could they do to reem in a mma match with smaller gloves and allowed thai clinch ( forbidden in k1) reems punches are harder and his clinch gam is the best in hq. take him down? cain? he would eat knees to the facee tryin to take him down. jds box with reem? :icon_lol: he was outboxe by cain. reem has faced better standup as he has faced better grappling competition.

we will talk again when reem has crushed your "goats" . there is nothing that they have against him.

Rampage beat Abidi, twice. I'm pretty sure JDS wouldn't get embarrassed. Not to mention that this is not kickboxing. It's mixed martial arts.

i missed most of the AO vs Brock fight because i was just staring at AO stance during that fight, he was walking round the cage like he was taking a sh!t??? whats all that about??

Cain would just grapple and smother Reem on the fence into exhaustion if he cant get the take down..

Fedor vs Cain would be much more entertaining.

Back