Reem vs jones

the white beast

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
They train together so prob would never happen, but hypothetically if they did who would win?

Reem is the reason Jones won't go to HW lmfao

Jones has most likely been wrecked by Reem in sparring a few times and realizes he could very well lose at HW.

Reem is the reason Jon stays in his lane

Except when he hits n runs

Reem supposedly worked him in the gym back when he was at JW.

Could see Reem overpowering Jones in the clinch, and lighting him up with knees..
However, just as likely, I could see Jones catching him. Have no confidence in Overeem's chin, at this stage.

Reem is an awful match up for Jones. Jones might win now that Reem is older though.

Jones wouldnt be able to take Reem down and would be at a disadvantage in the clinch.

Could see Reem overpowering Jones in the clinch, and lighting him up with knees..
However, just as likely, I could see Jones catching him. Have no confidence in Overeem's chin.
I don’t think Jones has the power in his hands to catch and hurt Reem. Maybe if he landed a high kick or something but I doubt he would land that on Reem. Bad match up for Jon

Reem supposedly worked him in the gym back when he was at JW.
I've always called bones the best unarmed combatant I've ever seen, but I think Reem has given (and would give him again in a fight) Bones the business. His clinch, his knees, his hooks are all ideal weapons that line up perfectly with Jon's 2 or 3 go to's

Reem is the reason Jones won't go to HW lmfao

Jones has most likely been wrecked by Reem in sparring a few times and realizes he could very well lose at HW.

You think bones would have problems and get shook by that 50 year old
With an Ezekiel choke
That punches like an 8th grader?

I love the demolition man. I’ve enjoyed his entire career , pride through k1 to ufc.
But overeem today would get absolutely destroyed by bones.

The he man version of overeem would have been difficult for bones but bones would get him late.
That version of Reem could
Barely go 3 or 5 rounds.

Today’s Reem is a fragile
Version of himself and even today top hw. Even stipe Reem can get them trouble even though he’s way passed it. Can’t take any type of shot, and is gun shy.

That’s how overrated guys like stipe
Are

I've always called bones the best unarmed combatant I've ever seen, but I think Reem has given (and would give him again in a fight) Bones the business. His clinch, his knees, his hooks are all ideal weapons that line up perfectly with Jon's 2 or 3 go to's
Reem is a horrible fight for Jones. One of the only hypothetical "prime v prime" matchups where you can really strongly favor a fighter against Jon.

You think bones would have problems and get shook by that 50 year old
With an Ezekiel choke
That punches like an 8th grader?

I love the demolition man. I’ve enjoyed his entire career , pride through k1 to ufc.
But overeem today would get absolutely destroyed by bones.

The he man version of overeem would have been difficult for bones but bones would get him late.
That version of Reem could
Barely go 3 or 5 rounds.

Today’s Reem is a fragile
Version of himself and even today top hw. Even stipe Reem can get them trouble even though he’s way passed it. Can’t take any type of shot, and is gun shy.

That’s how overrated guys like stipe
Are
Reem is the epitome of hot and cold, fair point.

I think the opportunity to beat the GOAT would bring out the best of Reem. Final Formareem. But in fairness, Jones won't go up so it's all estimation.

Style wise, Reem can stop Bones where he's been unrivaled so far..
Handfighting in the clinch/plum.

Jones can ruin guys like Page, DC, Glover there with brutal efficacy but Reem can stop anyone with one shot, hooks or knees, guillotine threat as well.

Jones can definitely beat AO but Reem has been a top 10 guy for 2 decades, and has had to adjust to USADA while Bones has doping immunity for life. So I'd contend that both on the gear, Reem wins. Both off, Jones may outlast him down the stretch but that's still 2 rounds where he would HAVE to back AO off and fight responsibly.

He can use kicks to dictate range but has he ever had fought a guy with better or stronger kicks and non lopsided reach/frame advantage?

If he thought he'd do fine at HW, he'd be there. If he thinks he's not big enough it's likely bc Reem gave him work at Jackson's

I thought Reem left Jackson/Wink or whatever they call themselves now...
He probably wanted to fight out of
A. A top quality gym where they don't allow you to roll w holly for 20 bucks.
B. Anywhere but New Mexico
C. Somewhere he can genuinely improve while adjusting to life after the Ubereem era.
D. All of the above.

Really? I see Jonesey being a terrible match up for current day gun-shy reem!

Jones has better footwork and might just avoid the clinch. Sure Jones might not have devastating hands, but He could very easily out point Reem for a unanimous decision.

And I can't see why he couldn't get a take down in the 2nd or 3rd and tko Reem. Remember Shogun Tko's Reem on his back?

He probably wanted to fight out of
A. A top quality gym where they don't allow you to roll w holly for 20 bucks.
B. Anywhere but New Mexico
C. Somewhere he can genuinely improve while adjusting to life after the Ubereem era.
D. All of the above.

Why did you change your av? That chick was hot...

Reem is a horrible fight for Jones. One of the only hypothetical "prime v prime" matchups where you can really strongly favor a fighter against Jon.

What was reemns prime? Who did he beat in whatever prime version he had? And
When did it end?

Really? I see Jonesey being a terrible match up for current day gun-shy reem!

Jones has better footwork and might just avoid the clinch. Sure Jones might not have devastating hands, but He could very easily out point Reem for a unanimous decision.

And I can't see why he couldn't get a take down in the 2nd or 3rd and tko Reem. Remember Shogun Tko's Reem on his back?
If Jones ever goes in there as the smaller guy, would it possibly hamper his leverage swag? If he can't pick his distance and dictate the flow, could he find other answers or does he simply wilt if he gets manhandled?

Most importantly, does bones already have an idea of what guys like Browne, AA, Reem can do to him and figures there's no need to risk it when he can likely stay unblemished at 205?

Bc the guys a fuck up, but he knows fighting intimately, and doesn't find the reward to be worth the risk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back