Media Reem open to fighting Derrick Lewis or JDS

I want that JDS rematch to set things straight!

I would love to see JDS win a rematch but I don't know...these "old man" fights are so unpredictable...and don't really tell us anything about how they guys matched up in their primes.

JDS-Overeem was probably JDS's worst performance in his post-prime (but still a good fighter) years. JDS was no longer in his prime after the Cain fights, but to be fair, Overeem probably wasn't in his prime in that fight either. JDS' fight IQ was terrible, though. He had Overeem hurt at one point and didn't go for the kill...which is so unlike the way he usually fought.

What do you mean to set things straight , Reem handled JDS last time , took almost no damage was patient found his opening and knocked jds out

Set things straight as in have JDS win the fight. What else could that mean lol. I am a big JDS fan, they had a rivalry between the two best strikers at HW, I really wanted JDS to win the fight but he didn't so I'd like for him to get that one back.

I would love to see JDS win a rematch but I don't know...these "old man" fights are so unpredictable...and don't really tell us anything about how they guys matched up in their primes.

JDS-Overeem was probably JDS's worst performance in his post-prime (but still a good fighter) years. JDS was no longer in his prime after the Cain fights, but to be fair, Overeem probably wasn't in his prime in that fight either. JDS' fight IQ was terrible, though. He had Overeem hurt at one point and didn't go for the kill...which is so unlike the way he usually fought.

We'll see what JDS looks like against Rozenstruick. I like that he's dropped weight down to 235 to 238 which was the weight he fought at during his best UFC run. Reem fought a smart fight and stayed out of range and picked his shots well. JDS will have to fight a better fight and make more of his opportunities like you said.

Set things straight as in have JDS win the fight. What else could that mean lol. I am a big JDS fan, they had a rivalry between the two best strikers at HW, I really wanted JDS to win the fight but he didn't so I'd like for him to get that one back.
He’s not JDS was never as good as Overeem

He’s not JDS was never as good as Overeem
He most definitely was. JDS post-Cain is a shell of himself. Prime JDS by having aggression, confidence, and a great chin. Overeem was always one good punch From sleeping. I think prime JDS gets it done.

Perhaps several years later it could look different. Hopefully.

They both definitely have very vulnerable chins. But I feel like JDS's skills have regressed a lot more than Reem's.

I don't think the JDS that fought Shane Carwin would lose even a round to Curtis Blaydes.

Idk, maybe if he kept his hands high and stung Reem with leg kicks like he was doing to Stipe, for the first round or two. He could even up the odds and get Reem squared up on the pocket.

It’s funny how he never ducks anybody even though he’s been chinny for years. WAR REEM
100%. Dude knows he's chinny and still calls out notorious power punchers. His balls have to weigh 20 lbs by themselves

Anyone feel like the same fights and fighters at Heavyweight are just recycled over and over.

I can keep track or even remember whoS fought who cause I just don’t care enough. It’s just the same 7-8 names fighting each other over and over at this point.

He’ll prob get ktfo in the process. I see him fighting smarter and maybe using the ground game.

He withstood Walt Harris' onslaught quite well. Plus he was able to regain his composure and stop him. If Overeem fights smart against Lewis then he had a great shot at TKOing him.

Of course he is. The man is out of his mind and his attitude seems to only become more positive with each punch to the head he takes, while somehow staying as mentally sharp as ever after every brutal knockout.
He's an avid practitioner of the wim hof method

That might have something to do with it

He most definitely was. JDS post-Cain is a shell of himself. Prime JDS by having aggression, confidence, and a great chin. Overeem was always one good punch From sleeping. I think prime JDS gets it done.

If you go that route, let's take prime Over...Ubereem. Who would finish prime JDS I think.

If you go that route, let's take prime Over...Ubereem. Who would finish prime JDS I think.
Ubereem or Overeem, he still gassed and has a suspect chin. The greatest glass cannon of all time, perhaps.

Back