Reem is the most skilled fighter at HW

I think reem is a horrible matchup for DC. The power, length, and DC's height making those knees so much easier to land.

Maybe, I've been wanting to see this fight for a long time

Fan of both guys, little more a fan of the Reem

My heart tells me Reem but my brain tells me DC

Brock Lesnar - Hw champ

Reem - ??!?!?!?!

Tim Sylvia - hw champ

Reem - !?>!?!?!!?1

Reem is the same reem of almost 2 decades ago , he will always be a front runner he losses the same way always, he has no heart.

Daniel Cormier

Love the Reem, but DC beats everybody at HW precisely because he is the most skilled fighter, as he usually has a size disadvantage
i actually think reem is worst matchup for dc and cain, due to his size, clinch skills and the knee strikes. but his chin can fail him anytime, its been said many times he is a glass cannon

This is all on paper. The reality is him flopping around all over the octagon like a dutch pinball while stipe worked him up. This forum would list his wiki stats tryin to convince ya he was lord god all mighty

K-1 champ
palookaville hw champ
dream champ
strikefarce hw champ

and he comes to the ufc and gets beat by c-listers over and over.
That has happened a lot of top JMMA fighters.

This really opened my eye.. I think he is done done now.. then again HW is kinda done so he has plenty of 800k purses to collect.

He went into the Blaydes fight with the worst possible gameplan: to counter the takedown with knees. But Reem is too old, and his reflexes are not what they used to be. He got taken down systematically. He should have rather stuck with boxing, sprawling and brawling, keeping out of Blaydes' shot, and moving laterally. He could have been much more successful.

That has happened a lot of top JMMA fighters.
Man that shit happened to him in japan too. Before he even got here.

2rpwqyp.gif

i actually think reem is worst matchup for dc and cain, due to his size, clinch skills and the knee strikes. but his chin can fail him anytime, its been said many times he is a glass cannon
Man

He was never a match for those dudes. Dudes half as good as them beat him.

Reem is a very skilled fighter probably one of the best in terms of skill and power, but he has a glass jaw, no gas tank and no heart.

This is all on paper.

K-1 champ
palookaville hw champ
dream champ
strikefarce hw champ

and he comes to the ufc and gets beat by c-listers over and over.

Overeem came to the UFC and destroyed Brock(X-Champ) He lost his next fight to Bigfoot(Silva’s next fight was against Cain for the Title). Overeem then lost to Travis Browne(14-1-1 at the time). His next fight was against Ben Rothwell, who is not an easy fight. He lost.

But then he went on to win 6 out of his next 7 fights. Defeating Werdum(X-Champ), Hunt, AA(X-Champ), JDS(X-Champ), and Big Country, only losing to Stipe(The Champ at that time) in a Title fight. That is a good run for any fighter!

Most recently he lost to Francis(10-1 at that time) and Blaydes(9-1 at that time). Neither of those are easy fights.

The OP is right... As far as just skill, he should be one of the GOAT’s. But there is more to fighting than just skill.

there is more to fighting than just skill.
Diverticu-Brock doesnt count.

But yes i agree he had skills,but as someone who has watched the Reem his whole career,people had such high expectations (mostly when he went to HW) and really just saw how he looked,so they think he should dominate everything. I just saw a guy who falls apart soon as his bell gets rung. I was tired of people constantly overrating him to suc ha ridiculous degree. He's good,but never has been and never will be great.

Kinda like an Amir Khan type

Reem is the same reem of almost 2 decades ago , he will always be a front runner he losses the same way always, he has no heart.

Its hard to show heart when you have the gas tank of Renault Clio , the engine of a doge viper, and the durability of a paper towel

He is very skillful but his cardio and chin only allow him to go so far.

Back