Reebok should make fight kits based on fight teams.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kel2590, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Kel2590

Kel2590 Orange Belt

The reebok deal is a raw deal for the fighters and fight kits are dull and ugly on top of it.

I think reebok should eventually redesign fights in accordance to fight teams, very much like team sports such the nfl. Each fight team has their set of color schemes for the fighter and cornermen. Also each has the fight team logo.

Examples:
    American top team (red white and blue)
    Nova uniao (black and gold)
    Blackzillians (black and red)
    Jackson camp (red blue and black)
    Alpha Male (white and red)

This would give the fight uniforms a little more diversity.

2. Thunderflash500

Thunderflash500 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I think they should to, even if they keep individual fighters too. I don't think I'd ever but an individual fighter shirt. But I might buy a camp shirt.

3. Handawg

Handawg Brown Belt

I fuck with that white belt I fuck with that.

4. Harlekin

Harlekin Brown Belt

Either this or give the fighters their original colors back.
    Good idea though.

5. Kel2590

Kel2590 Orange Belt

Also I think fighters should have two sets of uniforms to contrast fighters in case two uniforms from different teams are similar in color like home and away colors.

And this would only apply with well established and famous teams in UFC. Lesser known teams would be regulated to use the reebok uniforms fighters are using now.

6. Silverstar17

Silverstar17 Red Belt

Pretty much any idea is better than that generic black&white/white&black shit.

I think the idea is decent. But personally I would prefer that the fighters were able to choose any color composition they wanted.

7. Kel2590

Kel2590 Orange Belt

I do too but reebok should at least diversify their clothing. This would help distinguish fighters and their product in the long run.

8. Kel2590

Kel2590 Orange Belt

Exactly.

9. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

They should make them based on sponsors fighters can get

10. Thunderflash500

Thunderflash500 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You know, fight camps should make their own shirts anyway. Easy money. I think a ton of people would have bought chute box shirts, or aka or whatever. I'd buy it.

11. blingking

blingking stoppage

Yeah fight camps is the way to go. Then you even have throwback shirts like a Rashad Jacksons shirt.

Also foghters need colour on their shorts for god sake

12. johncola

johncola Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

They'd have to pay the teams, so very unlikely.

13. Moezao

Moezao Brown Belt

Not sure if I'd buy it, but there's a chance. That reebok shit kit has zero chance of being bought by me.

I'd love to see some numbers on how they're selling. I'm assuming they're quite terrible. I sure hope.

14. theheater

theheater Silver Belt

um i think you got shit backwards homie. no team is going to charge someone to advertise them to their target audience. do you really think nascar teams pay tide laundry detergent for the honor of having it painted on their car?

anyways i think reebok should do what all successful marketers do..... be creative and create shit people like. generic shit that people dont like is a problem. you arent going to sell product that way and you arent going to push the entire brand. hire/contract a handful of artists that you respect with different styles. they can incorporate shit that the fighters like and the brand approves of. for example if you got barnett fighting then have the artist incorporate skulls and shit. people that like barnett and skulls n shit will buy it. placing in some generic outfit is missing the whole point. people that are fans of barnett arent going to buy some generic reebok kit because barnett is wearing it. they want dragons and shit

15. STARKNASTY

STARKNASTY Blue Belt

This is an actual good idea. I would much prefer to see camp t shirts. UFC would probably get some buys on the kits if they were team based.

16. OuchPleaseNooo

OuchPleaseNooo Orange Belt

I think there are a lot more gyms than you think. You wouldn't be able to colour code every gym.

Not every fighter trains out of these big team orientated gyms in North America. The Boxing style individually focused gyms are getting more popular and will take over eventually.

17. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

On face value.... yes. But who gets the money for the sales? The camp AND the fighter AND Zuffa And Reebok? Where do those % come from?

18. imissWECPalmer

imissWECPalmer Purple Belt

literally anything is better than what they wear now.

19. cOugAr_LIbRe_85

cOugAr_LIbRe_85 Brown Belt

Fighters could have kept their trademark trunks and just had a big reebok sponsor. I don't see the problem with that. There's been some iconic trunks

andersons black and yellow
    Chucks icy blue
    Titos black and flame
    Shoguns White

And loads more. That individuality has been lost now and that's the part of the reebok deal I don't like. I don't give a shit about fighter pay side of it. Or the tracksuits they wear to the cage. But keep the expression of fighter trunks.

(Not you hallman)

20. johncola

johncola Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I admit I don't know how the business works but I think the team would have to be paid. Reebok isn't in the business of taking in sponsors. If they're using a fight team's name then it's to sell more products, and I think the team would have to take a percentage as a result, if not initially then eventually once the products start selling.

I agree with you in your second paragraph though.