Reebok shill on the MMA hour

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What did yall think of it?

I got out of it thinking less of reebok then going in. Pure PR damage control / attempt to save face.

The dude did not say 1 thing that made me consider looking at it in another light.

Imo they should just keep quiet. There is no way around it... So better not even bring it up.

Ree gonna bok.

The MMA hour has really gone downhill

I used to be a big fan of Ariel's style of MMA journalism but he's become a bit of a shill himself.

MMA Beat is still a good show though mostly because of Luke Thomas

You could post a link ya know.

WE SUPPORT.... ULTIMATE FIGHTING.

You know, we are the best IN THE RING, WHEN YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ULTIMATE FIGHT.

That woman at the official reebok UFC Launch was just like that, literally had no clue about MMA

Luke Thomas

His SAT level vocabulary is unessecary at times, but he's pretty good. I like Chuck And Jeff too, offer some good perspectives

His SAT level vocabulary is unessecary at times, but he's pretty good. I like Chuck And Jeff too, offer some good perspectives

Agreed with all of the above

Luke is a bit up his own ass for sure but he is great at what he does

Agreed with all of the above

Luke is a bit up his own ass for sure but he is great at what he does

that is the fairest assessment I've heard of Luke haha

What did yall think of it?

I got out of it thinking less of reebok then going in. Pure PR damage control / attempt to save face.

The dude did not say 1 thing that made me consider looking at it in another light.

Imo they should just keep quiet. There is no way around it... So better not even bring it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

2:05 p.m. -- Michael Lunardelli, Reebok's head of combat, will discuss everything surrounding the new UFC kits.

he works for reebok how is he a shill?

At work, cliff notes on what this shill said?

Reebok's head of combat? Que? Makes it sound like he has an army of henchmen on hand.

And yeah, he's not a shill if he's an employee, especially one at management level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

2:05 p.m. -- Michael Lunardelli, Reebok's head of combat, will discuss everything surrounding the new UFC kits.

he works for reebok how is he a shill?

I guess you have a point. Dont think i can edit the title though.

At work, cliff notes on what this shill said?

My point is that he was there for almost 30 minutes and didnt say anything that would switch anyones view on the deal.

So basically they acknowledge that is shit, and it is what it is, but they dont want flak for it.

The head reebok shill of fighting

On these boards overuse of the word shill is a red flag for idiocy.

Moonlunch did spew some of the same corporate bullshit Reebok officials have been telling us since the launch of the uniforms, but did make a good point about feeling rushed to get product done by the deadline, and say he understands MMA fans are passionate and want to defend it from outsiders who are making changes but aren't experienced in MMA. The Reebok guy says fighters are happy with the gear. He is happy with the relationship with the UFC. Says Reebok is investing heavily in the sport. Dude pulls out the ol' "I been watching since '93" line!

Reebok guy says they didn't have enough time to prepare "phase 2" involving the ring girls, refs, cutmen. Distances himself from the UFC firing Stitch. Said they never had a conversation about how cutmen would be treated. Says that in their attempt to launch all 600 some fighters on the roster's jerseys out at once caused all the name problems. NO PRODUCTS WERE MADE WITH NAME MISTAKES. (God dammit). Reebok got the names from the UFC and errors were made in receiving it apparently.

Dude seems real proud of the shit uniforms they created in 7 months. Says product is "selling like crazy". Says this is the first version of the fight kit. Says they have not designed any new fight variants yet. "By season 3 or 4 there will be new looks" dafuq? how long is that?

Last edited:
Back