Reebok Really Missed The Boat On This Idea...

Im proud to say I dont know what a "fight kit" is. I do know that Tim Kennedy laid down the law on the Reebok payouts on "The MMA Hour #294" That along with Rogan speaking out should get "the brass's" panties in a bunch. Fighters Union!

Fuck Reebok.

bcf48d1909189f5a3845966ddcd71706.jpg

Love the fight kits! I think it's good for the image of the sport, all the money goes to the fighters

The only problem is people have to buy them for any money to go to fighters. And unless I'm grossly mistaking, people please correct me if I'm wrong, nobody is buying them. From the things I see on this website alone, I'd say only 5 people in 100 WOULD buy a kit, and out of that only 1 or 2 of those 5 actually HAVE bought one.

Nope. Not at all. Just a simple "Fuck Reebok" is all I care to say on these matters.

What's your problem with Reebok? UFC determines fighter pay from the deal. They also have final say on the design choices of the apparel.

All Reebok is doing is trying to sell apparel to athletes and people work out and exercise

I almost thought this was going to be a good thread by the title but of course it's just another cringe worthy pointless thread made by a retard.

What's your problem with Reebok? UFC determines fighter pay from the deal. They also have final say on the design choices of the apparel.

All Reebok is doing is trying to sell apparel to athletes and people work out and exercise

The entire deals a sham mate, from the announcement to the "unveiling", if you'd call it that, to the "so-called" pay structure aligned with it.

Fuck Reebok.

And I know their not calling all the shot's etc, but it's all a load of shite.

Yeah, I do. Change your avatar please, I find it offensive.

Ok, and you can stop posting on Sherdog, I find you offensive. Isn't that fair logic, or do the "offended" not care who they offend?

If that were actually true, they wouldn't have bee making 200 million dollars a year.

Whether we like it or not, the casuals drive the money part of this industry.

I would guess a huge percentage of their sales were to consumers that would not know what the initials MMA stand for, nor care.

MMA purests truly hated seeing these shirts on anyone.

They did not make their fortune from its MMA fanbase.

I like the heritage idea, they would sell.

But all in all, any clothing deal with the UFC is bound to fail regardless of what they do. The Reebok deal is awful and is icing on the cake. But you only need to look at our recent sponsor history to see its impossible.

TapOut, a company that sponsored and supported more up and coming fighters, small promotions, and the sport in general for longer than any other company, was generally hated and despised by the MMA fanbase.

MMA fans simply cannot stomach seeing other people dressed to support MMA.

Were some of those t shirts fucking awful?

Yes. But the hate for that company without a restrictive unfair UFC deal in place was epic....

Now add any successful corporate deal in the mix and you have a recipe for disaster.

Its the fanbase, we are awful.

Could have had something to with the fact that they (Tapout) did things like sell condoms in the "pimps, playas n' hoes" section of their website with the caption of hit it and quit it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/tapout-condoms-634453/

Back