Reebok payouts for UFN 83: Cowboy vs. Cowboy

He had no place being in a main event, he'll never be a top 15 fighter, if he's not complaining then why are you complaining?

He was only 3-1 in the ufc, he was a late replacement, and he's not even a top 20 guy.

I don't like reebok as much as the next guy but yeah 2500 for a guy with under 5 fights isn't that bad.

I'm not talking about Olivera specifically.

If Ben Askren whose been a champion in two different promotions and is undefeated, or Marlon Moraes whose the WSOF 135 lb champion or even Fedor whose widely considered the best fighter in his weight class if not the entire sport all signed with the UFC and weren't fighting in a title fight they'd make 2,500.

How is that justifiable?

And yet many fighters still want to fight for them . . .

Well yeah that's usually what happens when you have a monopoly on the sport, MMA in America was on it's death bed and Dana White fell ass back into it because his childhood buddies had money and capitalized on every human beings thirst for violence and blood, anyone could do his job.

$2500 for a main eventer...wow. I don't know exactly what he'd of got with his own sponsors, but I know it would be better than that
Brazilian Cowboy used to be sponsored by Badboy and some other companies. Maybe he still is. but I bet they paid him more than Reebok.

2500 USD for a main event fighter? Damn... UFC really should invest a less on his super heroes and a little more for the brick and mortar company guys.

Cowboy (the brazilian one) got the fight on two weeks notice and did and excellent performance, it's fucked up how do he get less than a month's payment in exchange.

excellent performance? Didn't the fight only last like 3 minutes??!!

very little. man that sucks

$2500 for a main eventer...wow. I don't know exactly what he'd of got with his own sponsors, but I know it would be better than that
giphy.gif

Well yeah that's usually what happens when you have a monopoly on the sport
Monopoly yet there are other promotions out there competing just fine :rolleyes:

MMA in America was on it's death bed and Dana White fell ass back into it because his childhood buddies had money and capitalized on every human beings thirst for violence and blood, anyone could do his job.
So why couldn't Bob Meyrowitz who owned the UFC before Dana White and the Ferttitas "capitalize" on that thirst if "anyone" could have done it? :rolleyes:

Keep talking out your ass. It's amusing

I still don't understand how the UFC gains from this. Your product is unhappy, and a company is nothing without their product. Future fighters and fans see all this. The animosity is growing and will eventually reach a breaking point.

Zuffa is nothing but scum and criminal and sold their fighters out, we know this, we've known it for a while.
Haha okay thier sponsor money is more than some fighters getting paid in the second best mma org
I'm not talking about Olivera specifically.

If Ben Askren whose been a champion in two different promotions and is undefeated, or Marlon Moraes whose the WSOF 135 lb champion or even Fedor whose widely considered the best fighter in his weight class if not the entire sport all signed with the UFC and weren't fighting in a title fight they'd make 2,500.

How is that justifiable?

Well yeah that's usually what happens when you have a monopoly on the sport, MMA in America was on it's death bed and Dana White fell ass back into it because his childhood buddies had money and capitalized on every human beings thirst for violence and blood, anyone could do his job.

Monopoly? Bellator and wsof have the means to pick up free agents.

Reebok fighters livin that McG dream

KnSk8Jl.gif
AS much as I dislike conor - maybe everyone one from 155 down should have to fight him (smaller guys conor can fight 4-5 times in one event) so they can at least get paid.

2500 USD for a main event fighter? Damn... UFC really should invest a less on his super heroes and a little more for the brick and mortar company guys.

Cowboy (the brazilian one) got the fight on two weeks notice and did and excellent performance, it's fucked up how do he get less than a month's payment in exchange.

You don't think the UFC is throwing him a little something extra for stepping up?

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/ufc-fi...tting-pay-cerrone-leads-way-with-20000-payout

Donald Cerrone: $20,000
def. Alex Oliveira: $2,500

Derek Brunson: $10,000
def. Roan Carneiro: $5,000

Dennis Bermudez: $10,000
def. Tatsuya Kawajiri: $5,000

Cody Garbrandt: $2,500
def. Augusto Mendes: $2,500

Chris Camozzi: $10,000
def. Joe Riggs: $10,000

James Krause: $5,000
def. Shane Campbell: $2,500

Sean Strickland: $2,500
def. Alex Garcia: $2,500

Oluwale Bamgbose: $2,500
def. Daniel Sarafian: $5,000

Anthony Smith: $5,000
def. Leonardo Augusto Leleco: $2,500

Nathan Coy: $2,500
def. Jonavin Webb: $2,500

Ashlee Evans-Smith: $2,500
def. Marion Reneau: $2,500

Lauren Murphy: $2,500
def. Kelly Faszholz: $2,500

Shamil Abdurakhimov: $2,500
def. Anthony Hamilton: $2,500
disgusting. Reebok needs to step up and pay these guys at least twice this amount.

He was only 3-1 in the ufc, he was a late replacement, and he's not even a top 20 guy.

I don't like reebok as much as the next guy but yeah 2500 for a guy with under 5 fights isn't that bad.
2500 isn't bad until you realise he'd of got 10 times that with his own sponsors...he was main eventing a free card

disgusting. Reebok needs to step up and pay these guys at least twice this amount.

It's the UFC's call, not Reebok's.

Reebawk paid the UFC 70 million dollars for a 7 year deal. It's the UFC that's giving chump change to the fighters.

UFC taking Reebok as an official sponsor has to be one of the worst decision in sports ever. For the athletes at least.

Back