reebok is it even fair ?

br89

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
as we all know that reebok is the only new sponsor but as far as i know there is a special deal with few fighters like
jon jones
ronda
johnny hendricks
showtime pettis
and conor mcgregor
so my question is how does this work some guys can get a special deal and basically you either get signed with reebok or in limbo how is that fair

as we all know that reebok is the only new sponsor but as far as i know there is a special deal with few fighters like
jon jones
ronda
johnny hendricks
showtime pettis
and conor mcgregor
so my question is how does this work some guys can get a special deal and basically you either get signed with reebok or in limbo how is that fair

the better you are the more fair it is

so no

I don't understand why the UFC wouldn't post the details of the deal, obviously not the actual contract but the main details.

If it's good, they'll get fan and fighter support. If it's shit like a lot of people believe, well...........

jon jones
ronda
johnny hendricks
showtime pettis
and conor mcgregor

The fighters that don't have a "special" deal are not in limbo. They still get paid reebok money after every fight based on their ranking, and they also get a share of any reebok merch that is sold with their name.

Reebok is a private company, they can sponsor whoever they like.

So you think everyone should be paid the same amount no matter their skill, drawing power, charisma, etc etc?

Why would reebok sign an exclusive deal with Joe Schmo who is 2-0 fighting on Fight Pass?

You really don't understand this?

Fair? "Fair" is for children who believe life is innocent, who have never worked for a living, and who don't understand how things work in the real world. Life isn't fair. You will find that out when you grow up.

This

The UFC sponsors fighters, this is a unfair and no one gives a shit. The little man in mma has no chance anymore
Saying the little man has no chance is jumping the gun. We really don't know. The guarantee income from reebok could make it easier on those guys at the bottom who have a hard time getting sponsors much less ones that pay them well. Then again it could be worse. We really just don't know yet.

I love it. Now I can train in classy sportswear designed especially for combat by an estabilished brand.

Are you suggesting that everyone gets the same sponsorship deal?

This

The UFC sponsors fighters, this is a unfair and no one gives a shit. The little man in mma has no chance anymore

Welcome to the USA corporate structure.

Oh, you're in the UK. Is it better over there?

Was Jones sponsored by nike and reebok simultaneously? I did see him wearing nike on his trunks before.

Saying the little man has no chance is jumping the gun. We really don't know. The guarantee income from reebok could make it easier on those guys at the bottom who have a hard time getting sponsors much less ones that pay them well. Then again it could be worse. We really just don't know yet.

How much merchandise is an unheard of prospect gonna sell. I just can't believe reebok are gonna pay more than what they get now through multiple sponsors. I hope they do, I don't think they will.

How much merchandise is an unheard of prospect gonna sell. I just can't believe reebok are gonna pay more than what they get now through multiple sponsors. I hope they do, I don't think they will.

It's not the merchandise, it's whatever the fixed percentage of income they get based on ranking that matters here. The fact there's no details released could mean it's going to be bad when it comes out or it could mean the exact details haven't even been worked out yet.

Was Jones sponsored by nike and reebok simultaneously? I did see him wearing nike on his trunks before.

No. He hasn't worn Nike for a couple fights (Gus fight might have been the first one) because the UFC stopped letting Nike be worn in the Octagon (there was an interview with Anderson where they asked him why he wasn't wearing Nike and he answered "ask Dana"). Then around the time of the DC press conference fiasco, Nike stopped sponsoring him entirely, either because of the brawl, or because they just don't like him, or because they don't care about MMA, or whatever you and the Nevada attorney general want to believe. Then, just a couple weeks ago it was announced that he and Ronda signed specific deals with Nike.

One thing I'd be interested in knowing is whether the individual deals with Jones, Ronda, Conor, Hendricks (whoever else) will have an effect on the pool of Reebok money for everyone. In other words, they explained it like the pay structure will depend on ranking. But if you have people with individual deals, will they still get that percentage or whatever from the general pool, or will they be taken out of the pool - since they're already getting paid (one would assume much better) individually, thus leaving more money in the pool for everyone without an individual sponsorship deal.

I'm not sure if that made sense.

Back