Reebok deal in comparison to..

Neb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The deal Manchester United made for their new kits. The sponshorship deal with Nike has ended and they made a new deal with Adidas, Adidas will provide the Man Utd. kits for 750 million British pound (1.16 billion USD) for the next 10 years.

116 million USD per year just for the kits. On top of that Chevrolet pays 82 million a year for being the official sponsor on the kits.

Thats almost 3 times as much per year than the entire Reebok deal in total...

Interesting, thanks for the info. I hope the fighters get what they deserve one day.

Not to mention they don't rob the players of their hard earned money to make themselves even richer.

The Man Utd deal being bigger isn't that much of a surprise considering you see there replica shirts everywhere from Manchester to Mogadishu. The problem with the reebok deal for MMA if you ask me its simply not a good business linkup.

The strength of MMA sponsorship in the past was IMHO not that it had a massive reach but that it had a very specific and strong reach. A lot of MMA sponsors weren't just viewed as massive global impersonal brands like reebok, they were viewed as part of MMA culture meaning that every fan reached by sponsorship would be MUCH more likely to buy a product(Tapout shirts for example) due to it.

The Man Utd deal being bigger isn't that much of a surprise considering you see there replica shirts everywhere from Manchester to Mogadishu. The problem with the reebok deal for MMA if you ask me its simply not a good business linkup.

The strength of MMA sponsorship in the past was IMHO not that it had a massive reach but that it had a very specific and strong reach. A lot of MMA sponsors weren't just viewed as massive global impersonal brands like reebok, they were viewed as part of MMA culture meaning that every fan reached by sponsorship would be MUCH more likely to buy a product(Tapout shirts for example) due to it.

Good post.

The problem with the reebok deal for MMA if you ask me its simply not a good business linkup.

A big part of the Reebok deal is making the UFC look more TV friendly in preparation for a new TV deal in a couple years.

The deal Manchester United made for their new kits. The sponshorship deal with Nike has ended and they made a new deal with Adidas, Adidas will provide the Man Utd. kits for 750 million British pound (1.16 billion USD) for the next 10 years.

116 million USD per year just for the kits. On top of that Chevrolet pays 82 million a year for being the official sponsor on the kits.

Thats almost 3 times as much per year than the entire Reebok deal in total...

now imagine if UFC wasn't bigger than soccer .

Back