Reebok deal compared to A level athlete deal

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
James Harden ia being offered 200 million over 13 years to leave Nike for Adidas

UFC reebok deal 70 mil over 6 years

Last edited:
Never heard of him.

Heard of Ronda Rousey, though.

Never heard of him.

Heard of Fabricio Werdum, though.

Never heard of him.

Shots fired!

B1iMRmj.gif

James Harden ia being offered 200 million over 13 years to leave Nike for Adidas

Well, it sounds like the UFC needs to hire either James Harden or his agent so they are not violently prison raped sans lube at the negotiating table.

Never heard of him.

It doesn't matter who you've heard of. He is getting $200,000,000 while the ENTIRE UFC gets 70,000,000. Btw he's a Rockets basketball player and almost won the mvp last year

Never heard of him.

Heard of Joe Lauzon though.

It doesn't matter who you've heard of. He is getting $200,000,000 while the ENTIRE UFC gets 70,000,000. Btw he's a Rockets basketball player and almost won the mvp last year

sarcasm bro

NBA has a huge advantage over UFC when it comes to gear. EVERYONE has to wear shoes in America. That means that every human being on the planet is a target for Nike or Adidas. Basketball player shoes are pretty much the biggest endorsement anyone can get in professional sports.

Heard of him
But Conor Mcgregor is a better human being.

You realize that the UFC puts on about half the events of the NBA right?

An NBA player will be on tv 82+ times a year.

An mma fighter will be on tv 2-4 times a year.

Do you see an exposure difference yet?

Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo make about $50m per year in sponsorships (mainly from adidas). That's why Reebok half-assed this, it's chump change to a firm like them.

I got a BR update on this the other day and I actually thought to myself "that seems a little low". I never even considered the fact that it's almost 3X the entire UFC Reebok deal value.

For real though, Harden is unreal. He deserves that easily. Maybe more. How OKC let him go I'll never understand.

You realize that the UFC puts on about half the events of the NBA right?

An NBA player will be on tv 82+ times a year.

An mma fighter will be on tv 2-4 times a year.

Do you see an exposure difference yet?

Now do the math vs all ufc fighters compared to one basketball player like the deals are

they're dumb. they also just signed enes kanter to a max deal lol

Yea cause the blazers signed a huge offer sheet for him. I'm a blazers fan and I knew that was WAY too much but they're just trying to put the pieces back together at this point. For OKC to match tells me that they're praying that by spending some money they can get KD to stay next year. Not happening.

and yet people still wonder about fighter pay, lol.

When one NBA athlete is getting offered more money than the entire UFC organization, and he's not even the best NBA athlete, then the small scale of the UFC comes sharply into focus.

Never heard of him.

Dude could buy Honda a hundred times over with that kind of cash. Lets keep it real. Big difference between making millions and HUNDREDS of millions.

Back