Reebok 1st round finish bonus

The UFC approached Reebok, made the deal and distribute the funds how they see. What morons are pissed off at Reebok and why?

that + the new IV ban... people will gas swinging for the fences in the first Rd :icon_lol:

That's actually a good ideia. I just don't think these greedy bastards would ever implement it.

But Dana said all the money goes to the fighters.

I don

This falls on UFC brass giving out the sponsor money. Reebox gives them a deal and they are the one who gives the money out. UFC should be the ones who tries to fix this problem.

As we know all fighters and fans are extemely angry about the Reebok sponsorship I think a 50k check for the 1st round finishes in every event would make happy both fans and fighters what do you think??

I dont think Reebok wants to encourage early finishes, they want their product on camera longer.

Why don't FRAM and Corn Nuts jump on this? I'm not trolling, this could be extra exposure /advertisement for them.

No one would accept any remotely difficult fights if they had that.

buff the regular bonuses to 100k

lets say 5 bonuses occur per event and roughly 40 events per year
5x40x50,000=$10,000,000 per year lol yeah okay.

I dont think Reebok wants to encourage early finishes, they want their product on camera longer.

You may be right but fans like me are not happy about fighters losing money because of the deal and we all know that fight kit looks horrible I wanna say fans are not happy with that Reebok thing if they makes a 1st round bonus it will make a difference in the game which I think would be cool and will be a cool thing for Reeboks image in MMA world...

Let's say you run a small business that earns you about 150,000 per year. Dana White owns the town your business is located in. He wants to increase the value of his town by removing your business. Dana White sells your business for you without your permission for 7,500 dollars. He gives you 7,500. Reebok opens a store where your business used to be and you now have 7,500 dollars in Reebok socks and necklaces.

Well that doesn

If it's guaranteed 50k for everyone the prelim fighters would start throwing fights and fighting to finish early.

So I change the rule and the 1st guy finishes in the 1st rd gets the cake

Let's say you run a small business that earns you about 150,000 per year. Dana White owns the town your business is located in. He wants to increase the value of his town by removing your business. Dana White sells your business for you without your permission for 7,500 dollars. He gives you 7,500. Reebok opens a store where your business used to be and you now have 7,500 dollars in Reebok socks and necklaces.

This would be a more effective analogy..

Dana White owned the town, but the town wasn't solvent and he couldn't pay all his workers so he decided to allow his workers to earn money anyway they could. His workers decided to use the main street as a flea market. Dana turned a blind eye to this even though it was his street because he couldn't afford to pay the workers.

Some passersbys didn't like driving through a cluttered market, particularly the more wealthy ones and it was decided something needed to be done.

They tried implementing a tax, but the tax wasn't large enough to discourage all the folks lined up to use the prime real estate the main street provided. They were still making making plenty of money despite the tax.

Dana's town is making money now and he doesn't want the main street of his town used as some kind wild west bazaar. He wants to attract the wealthy passersbys to his town and instead of them just driving through.

Last edited:
It's annoying that people don't know how to properly title a thread.

"Reebok 1st Round Finish Bonus" can imply that this actually exists. What the title SHOULD actually be is "Should Reebok Implement 1st Round Finish Bonus?" or "Reebok 1st Round Bonus Idea" or something to indicate that you are just pitching an idea rather than sharing something that actually exists.

Another classic example: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz II

People click into that thread thinking the fight is being made or has been made, only to read "How would this fight go down if it happened?"

Back