Redbull

uppercutbus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
CLPBB3TUMAACypd.png

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/31/russia-racism-debate-barack-obama-banana-red-bull
A video from a Red Bull event in Moscow showed a Barack Obama impersonator chasing a banana is hot on the heels of the recent scrutiny of racism in the 2018 World Cup host in Russia. At least four shirtless men who appeared in blackface makeup with one dressed as the US president dressed as a banana.

Anti-discrimination activists. Robert Ustian, a supporter of the Russian football club CSKA and founder of the group CSKA Fans Against Racism, said it showed that Russians often don’t understand the hurtfulness of their actions.

“They think this is funny, that this video with Obama and black people chasing a banana is funny,” said Ustian. “It shows that there’s an issue with racism in our society that is not being raised.”

Photoshopped memes showing Obama with bananas and calling the US president a monkey have appeared frequently on the Russian internet, including on a site of images often used by paid pro-Kremlin shills.

Red Bull denied that the footage was meant to be racist. . . “Of course it’s not an expression of racism,” Shevchenko said. “If you had been there you would understand. The situation was absolutely friendly and happy.” Red Bull had removed the video from its site later on Friday afternoon.

vta2ufgzv6osqgzf7aqc.jpg

Pretty sure that people who don't see this as racist only consider lynching and enslaving black people to be racist acts.

The fact that russians view themselves superior to anyone on any level is downright hilarious. Wasn't a footballer handed a multi match ban in Russia after swearing at fans for doing monkey chants at him lately? Stay classy Russia.

It's supposed to represent the white man witchhunt. Stop trying to stir shit. I'm so sick of this mainstream liberal media trying to spin everything about how white people suck.

My give a shit meter for what Russians do is pretty low.

Yeah, if they aren't videotaping themselves being eaten by wildlife or injured hilariously, I'm not going to worry too much.

I don't give a shit about Russia doing it, but Redbull is a global brand.

Don't Russian soccer fans regularly throw bananas at black players?

I have to admit, I don't really care that much about racism in places like Russia. I don't expect higher planes of thought from them.

Don't Russian soccer fans regularly throw bananas at black players?
That's just friendly and happy behavior. Not racist at all.

Like pan said though, it's Russia, what would you expect?

Russia...

I'd have expected Redbull to be more aware of the international audience though.

the last pic of him looks like the dick sucking tongue thing girls do

The US is constantly attacking Putin in the media, maybe this is some payback.

I have to admit, I don't really care that much about racism in places like Russia. I don't expect higher planes of thought from them.

What an ironic statement coming from an American. Next your going to be calling the French simple and the Japanese unfocused.

What an ironic statement coming from an American. Next your going to be calling the French simple and the Japanese unfocused.
Russian social views aren't particularly modern.

Back