Redbelt **Spoiler**

let's discuss Balto's bad taste in movies now, lol.

Balto have you seen Never Back Down?

I didn't watch it yet, but after seeing redbelt I don't see how it could be worse.... even if it is a remake of a Billy Blanks movie ("Showdown")

I don't think you're getting it. As a movie to promote MMA, of course it would fall short. Even I admit it was a little disappointing for Mamet's standard, but his writing is so ridiculously good it isn't that bad either. Trying to compare any of Mamet's screenplays to Never Back Down is like matching BJ Penn against a KOTC champ. Mamet is a legend for his dialogue. Redbelt had good dialogue and good acting. The plot I thought was weak, but if you read his article on the reasoning behind his film it would make a lot more sense. There's a guy in this thread who gave this a D-, so what the hell would you give the hundred other movies that came out this year and last that are far worse?

I don't think you're getting it. As a movie to promote MMA, of course it would fall short. Even I admit it was a little disappointing for Mamet's standard, but his writing is so ridiculously good it isn't that bad either. Trying to compare any of Mamet's screenplays to Never Back Down is like matching BJ Penn against a KOTC champ. Mamet is a legend for his dialogue. Redbelt had good dialogue and good acting. The plot I thought was weak, but if you read his article on the reasoning behind his film it would make a lot more sense. There's a guy in this thread who gave this a D-, so what the hell would you give the hundred other movies that came out this year and last that are far worse?

no I get it. I'm just playing around. I respect Mamet. I already stated that there were good things about the film, but it was still a terrible movie IMO. The plot was beyond weak, and left more unanswered questions than any movie I've seen in the past year.

i mean what the fuck went on tin the editing room with this shit? it must have been a bunch of monkey's with scissors having an orgy.

Back