Red Meat

Neuro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Meaning beef, as well as ham and pork, bologna, etc.-- but mainly red meat:

How often do you eat it, per week, and for what purpose? I've been eating more lately trying to bulk a bit, I was wondering what the benefits and detriments are.

I'm less frequently on this forum, so I apologize if this is a repeat post-- but I searched and didn't find any.

All responses appreciated. Thanks bros

You know, maybe it's just me, but don't you think this topic would be more suited to a forum called Diet / Supplement, than Strength & Conditioning? Or maybe I'm crazy.

You have three food groups that require participation in every meal: meat (preferably steak and bacon), dairy (whole milk or eggs), and vegetables (beans, potatoes, or peanut butter). It's even better if you can combine them in the same food like a garbage plate (Nick Tahou Hots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) or pizza (http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/content-images/RecipeImages/Loaded_Baked_Potato_Pizza_cc0610.jpg)

That is all.

Eggs are not dairy products... A peanut is also not a vegetable.

lol at people who think eggs are dairy

^^^He's joshing

Iirc, this isn't the first time you've called eggs a dairy product either. Here's a quick test, does it come out of an animal's nipples, or is it made out of something that comes out of an animals nipples? If yes, it's dairy, if no, it's not dairy.

And, animals that lay eggs don't even have nipples...except for maybe something weird, like a duck billed platypus...I'd have to look that one up.

You know, maybe it's just me, but don't you think this topic would be more suited to a forum called Diet / Supplement, than Strength & Conditioning? Or maybe I'm crazy.

haha you're totally right, I opened two tabs, strength & conditioning and the Diet/ Supplement, and I just accidentally posted here-- my bad.

My favorite red meat? Ostrich. 40% of the fat of beef. Just as much protein, more iron.

I grilled some lamb steaks last night. Mmmmm.

Iirc, this isn't the first time you've called eggs a dairy product either. Here's a quick test, does it come out of an animal's nipples, or is it made out of something that comes out of an animals nipples? If yes, it's dairy, if no, it's not dairy.

And, animals that lay eggs don't even have nipples...except for maybe something weird, like a duck billed platypus...I'd have to look that one up.

The platypus doesn't have nipples, it has glands.

the_more_you_know.jpg

The first time was a brainfart. This time was a joke.

You mean eggs don't come out of an animals' nipples??

Why are you guys arguing about eggs when TS listed pork as a red meat...oh wait, it is a red meat nutritionally? But not gastronomically? What the fuck does that mean? I am fucking confused someone help me out

Answered the nutrional part, quoted below but whats gastronomy's def?

Red, or dark meat comprises muscle-fibers called slow-twitch - these are the muscles used for extensive activity like standing or walking, and the protein myoglobin in these muscle cells stores oxygen to produce the needed energy. Myoglobin is richly pigmented; more myoglobin produces redder, or darker meat, as in the meat of cattle and sheep When cooked, the interior temperature reached alters the color of the myoglobin. Rare beef is cooked to 140

Last edited:
red meat = mammal

i prefer birds & fish

Why are you guys arguing about eggs when TS listed pork as a red meat...oh wait, it is a red meat nutritionally? But not gastronomically? What the fuck does that mean? I am fucking confused someone help me out

Answered the nutrional part, quoted below but whats gastronomy's def?

I had the same initial thought, but he actually said...

"Meaning beef, as well as ham and pork, bologna, etc.-- but mainly red meat"

So he didn't call ham and pork red meat, he called beef red meat. The wording made it confusing.

The egg/dairy thing is a bigger pet peeve for me anyhow.

How often do you eat it, per week, and for what purpose?

On average probably 4 times per day for me. My other meat servings are generally fish.

I'm doing this because:

(A) dead animals are tasty
(B) eating dead animals after lifting heavy things makes me big and strong

I've been eating more lately trying to bulk a bit, I was wondering what the benefits and detriments are.

The benefits are pretty obvious - protein and fat are essential to building muscle.

Detriments? Take your pick of marginal scientific studies that may (or may not) indicate cholesterol problems that may (or may not) cause increased risk for heart disease and other studies that indicate possible (or maybe not) connections with colon cancer.

I usually consume it every other day along with some veggies, good shit

Back