Red Dead Redemption II - (Rate it)

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
RDR2 is a weird game for me, I feel like it should easily be a 10/10 but I just find it such a chore to play. Maybe I really just like faster paced games. I absolutely loved Spiderman and God of War and beat both of those games in under a week. I have about 20 hours in RDR2 and I play for about an hour before just getting bored and switching to something else.

I'd give it an 8/10. Absolutely gorgeous and story telling is well done but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. Actually reminds me a lot of Witcher III. I just wish they could make an open world game as fun as Doom or Bloodborne but with a huge open world. I think Cyberpunk 2077 will do that for me.

RDR2 is a weird game for me, I feel like it should easily be a 10/10 but I just find it such a chore to play. Maybe I really just like faster paced games. I absolutely loved Spiderman and God of War and beat both of those games in under a week. I have about 20 hours in RDR2 and I play for about an hour before just getting bored and switching to something else.

I'd give it an 8/10. Absolutely gorgeous and story telling is well done but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. Actually reminds me a lot of Witcher III. I just wish they could make an open world game as fun as Doom or Bloodborne but with a huge open world. I think Cyberpunk 2077 will do that for me.

So much wrong with it. But I keep hoping it gets better and while the graphics are revolutionary imo the game play feels very 2008 and the bounty system is heavily flawed

I had two
Guys hold me up on a bridge for my horse I had to either surrender or kill them. I killed them and hid the body and 6 mins later in the game after riding halfway on the map I got a $100 bounty

Do I have to finish RDR1 if I want to really enjoy RDR2 or are they separate enough stories where I can enjoy RDR2 first?

Do I have to finish RDR1 if I want to really enjoy RDR2 or are they separate enough stories where I can enjoy RDR2 first?

RDR2 is a prequel so if anything it doesn't make a difference which one you play first.

5/10

Wasnt a mad fan of the first one..

So no suprise i dont find this one any better .. If anything its a bit worse.

Theres a huge problem with the game.. I killed a shepard in the middle of nowhere, threw his lifeless body of a cliff and stole a sheep from his flock. How am i under investigation? Theres no cctv no drones no witness no forensics.. It just takes me out of the game immediately..
Its a shit mechnic that fucks you on how you can play the game ..

Then theres a wanted bounty on your head and you can stroll into the sheriffs office and do missions for him with no talk of the bounty he has set up .. Its fucking garbage..

Then theres the laggy controls .. Fuck me its 2018 .. Nobody should be made to play with lag in the controls .. Its shit ..

On a plus side i do enjoy running people over with a horse .. But that only lasts 3 minutes

Wow for a supposed 10/10 game it’s funny how everyone stopped talking about this game. I’m still trying to get through it but it’s so boring

I barely hit chapter 3 and i'm not too explored on the map. the looting is too slow, the way triangle and square pick stuff up, but dont and only certain things is goddamn annoying but i'm really enjoying it. it's a slow burn, and mostly i'm just hunting for food and getting my stats up. i'll probably take my time in beating this, as the atmosphere is too cool for me to pass up.

i loved spiderman, a very quicker paced game, but damned if that last 25% of the game didn't drag for me. Felt like too much, too late and then i still had to deal with MM's foolish missions and then MJ. The end portion of that game really stopped me in my tracks, it became a chore to play to me.

This game has fallen from the 8-9 range to the 6-7 range for me. Still not ready to rate it but there are so many fucking problems with this game that it feels like a chore to play.

Last edited:
Wow for a supposed 10/10 game it’s funny how everyone stopped talking about this game. I’m still trying to get through it but it’s so boring

Stickied thread at top of the forum is general discussion bub.

I'd prefer it on PC, I just couldn't get into it on console.

5/10

Even the biggest budgets can't make a bad game great. All the technical greatness aside, this game is a hot fucking mess and a bore/chore to play.

I voted 8/10 when I was playing, but I think it's more like a 7. It's pretty boring nothing captures my attention at all. All the guns feel the same. I don't give two shits about playing dress up and the story feels like it doesn't really have a point.

I voted 8/10 when I was playing, but I think it's more like a 7. It's pretty boring nothing captures my attention at all. All the guns feel the same. I don't give two shits about playing dress up and the story feels like it doesn't really have a point.

My grade went down towards the end as well.

I still loved like 70% of it but that last 30% had me nodding off while playing and just desperate to get to the end lol it got super repetitive and I think they could have cut out like 8 or 9 story missions and not lost any of the story or ruined the pace.

since you have a Rick/Morty AV you might get a kick out of Spencer Crittenden's RD2 take on Master Manual

"The game makes it clear that you're an outlaw in a time where the way of the outlaw is dead, and so you try to do outlaw things but it's depressing. And you're like, well maybe I'll just get further into the game and see what they add to this story but it just gets increasingly depressing. And you're thinking to yourself 'I'm doing everything I'm being told to do, and the universe is just shitting on me!' so my favorite part of Red Dead 2's story is when I don't play it for a few days. But it's real good."

since you have a Rick/Morty AV you might get a kick out of Spencer Crittenden's RD2 take on Master Manual

"The game makes it clear that you're an outlaw in a time where the way of the outlaw is dead, and so you try to do outlaw things but it's depressing. And you're like, well maybe I'll just get further into the game and see what they add to this story but it just gets increasingly depressing. And you're thinking to yourself 'I'm doing everything I'm being told to do, and the universe is just shitting on me!' so my favorite part of Red Dead 2's story is when I don't play it for a few days. But it's real good."

I just beat the game (no spoilers)...I really like the story a lot. I agree though and it seems I found on reddit that it took the developers 5 years to make this game. I did feel like this game was from 4-5 years ago in a lot of ways.

I loved Arthur Morgan's character + the story of the gang etc. However, I really didn't like how much horse back riding was required to get to a little bit of action. I timed it a few times and it takes me 15-20 minutes to get to a mission site then start a mission then cut scenes then ride out more to the mission site then another cut scene then finally some action. It takes forever to get to something happening.

Aside from that the game is way too easy and I dont get why the bad guys cant sniper you as easily or throw bombs or use more gattling guns. I really wish it was more challenging and less forgiving. I have a billion complaints but overall I appreciate rockstars attempt.

I just wish they were a bit more relaxed about cops knowing that Arthur Morgan is robbing right now even though they're 100000 miles away. I wish the places you're allowed to rob didnt say you're wanted etc. The game FORCED you to play as the good guy or else suffer a more depressing ending. That many rules in this game was kinda ironic...since its a fucking game about outlaws.

When you are a mission or activity to do it’s very good
When you don’t it sucks
However I didn’t just unlock fast travel so stand by for my opinion to change because the fucking horse riding for 40 minutes each thing should be reduced

When you are a mission or activity to do it’s very good
When you don’t it sucks
However I didn’t just unlock fast travel so stand by for my opinion to change because the fucking horse riding for 40 minutes each thing should be reduced
There's actually quite a lot to do outside the main missions. Some are little easter eggs while some are actual side missions. You can always use the stagecoach or tran to get to places that are far away.

I know I’m late to the party but this game is great. The horseback riding is excessive but it’s so addicting if you like long games

Back