Red Dead Redemption II - (Rate it)

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
weird, since i just read you complaining about some of the same things i criticized.
Jesus, ease up. The turd thing was a funny line. I thought so and I'm sure that's why he posted that.

weird, since i just read you complaining about some of the same things i criticized.
Reckon you and I largely see eye to eye on the game but thought the last line funny, as E pointed out. I come in peace.

fyi - that meme implies someone said something absurd.

Just went hunting for my camp the first time.
Ran into a bear on the way home. My bow didn´t do much against him.
Had to do the ride home again from last checkpoint.

There is a lot more items to hold than in part 1.
Shooting is ok, nu clunky controls impression here.

I miss that good old hunting ground north west in part 1 with the buffaloes

So after just finishing the game... I'd say it's an 9

The game unsurprisingly beautiful. The map is probably one of the most beautiful I've ever seen in a game.
The story was great, like the first one, it's one of the few games that actually engaged me the whole way through. While I thought the ending was kind of meh, the epilogue made it all worth it. I like that the guns are customizable in this one and the horse selection and stabling of multiple horses is thing now.
A couple of things that bugged me were the clunky shooting and horse riding at times. The horse moved awkwardly when getting stuck next to objects from time to time and didn't always ride smooth. The shooting annoyed me when the gun would double fire even if I didn't pull the trigger twice. But it wasn't the worst thing.

The biggest knock I have in the game play during story missions. Not that RDR1 was much different, but I wish that outside of the gun fighting, Rockstar made the missions a little more difficult. Instead of holding your hand through the whole thing, at least leave some critical thinking up to the player, instead of pointing out exact locations and giving exact instruction on how and where to go every time.

Looking forward to online.... given the awesome map and added customizing improved from the first one, I think it'll be even better if they follow the GTA V online model.

So after just finishing the game... I'd say it's an 9

The game unsurprisingly beautiful. The map is probably one of the most beautiful I've ever seen in a game.
The story was great, like the first one, it's one of the few games that actually engaged me the whole way through. While I thought the ending was kind of meh, the epilogue made it all worth it. I like that the guns are customizable in this one and the horse selection and stabling of multiple horses is thing now.
A couple of things that bugged me were the clunky shooting and horse riding at times. The horse moved awkwardly when getting stuck next to objects from time to time and didn't always ride smooth. The shooting annoyed me when the gun would double fire even if I didn't pull the trigger twice. But it wasn't the worst thing.

The biggest knock I have in the game play during story missions. Not that RDR1 was much different, but I wish that outside of the gun fighting, Rockstar made the missions a little more difficult. Instead of holding your hand through the whole thing, at least leave some critical thinking up to the player, instead of pointing out exact locations and giving exact instruction on how and where to go every time.

Looking forward to online.... given the awesome map and added customizing improved from the first one, I think it'll be even better if they follow the GTA V online model.

We need a crew name. Thoughts?

Maybe they're trying to simulate chain fire...after the adaptation of cartridge pistols, instead of cap and ball pistols...
{<huh}

I caved and bought a PS4 with RDR2 bundle today. It takes so long to download...

It’s a 10.

It may not be the best at every component of a game ever, but the total package is remarkably well done and an incredible value compared to other games. The amount of detail in this game is unmatched and I find it to be very fun to play.

I think it along with Witcher 3 are amazing in how they managed to create an open world that feels alive while simultaneously crafting a great narrative.

Last edited:
Not yet done, but Dad of Boy is GotY above this for me still.

Back